• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Beatles "Love"

falcoX

Smash Champion
The Hall of Eternia, Exactly 10 miles west of the
wow. what can i say about this album. how about breath taking. taking remixes of songs by a man who has worked with the fab four for years, Producer George Martin and his son Giles have concoted a masterpeice, helping cement the Beatles place in history once again. From the ominous and almost forboding intro of "Because" to the lovely finish of "All You need is Love," every song on this 26 track disc is an absolute classic, and helps reaffirm why I fell in love with the Beatles in the first place (There MUSIC, not them, I dont swing that way xD). With excelent transitions such as "Julia," "The Inner Light" and Cry Baby Cry" each song blends seamlessly into the next.

All I can say is stop what your doing, run to your nearest sam goody or wherever it is you kids shop, and pick up this record.

And "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is the best song on there. Pure awesome.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
It's a good album. Based on LOVE, I say the entire Beatles library needs to be remastered. NAOW.

Strawberry Fields Forever is the best song on the album, though.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is actually written and sung by George Harrison. Great song for the most under-rated Beatle.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
breath taking
That's pretty much the only way to describe it, I can't believe the job George and Giles Martin did on this. I thought they'd just slap the songs all together(which would STILL be great) but the way the songs all flowed was great.

A Day in the Life is my favorite song on the album, but all of them are great.

Zealot2120

Smash Lord
This cd made me incredibly happy.

I was really excited to listen to it. I put the cd in my computer, and prepared myself. When I listened to because... it was so empty... so eerie... so beautiful. It sent chills down my back, and i entered bliss.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is actually written and sung by George Harrison. Great song for the most under-rated Beatle.
Ever since I heard them play that at the Farewell to George concert, the original recording just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Sensai

Smash Master
Crimson King said:
He's my favorite. :-D

Also, if you're really REALLY lookin' for a kick arse version of the song, listen to the one on the Anthology. It's completely accoustic and has added lyrics.

It's great. Probably my favorite Anthology song there is (besides the slower version of Helter Skelter).

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
I just got this album and it's amazing.The new versions (ranging from slightly different to really changed) of the songs are great, and really make me want to pick up Anthology 1 and 2 (I have 3 already). The Beatles are my favorite band, and I love hearing alternate versions of their songs.

"Gnik Nus" was pretty ridiculous the first time I heard it. It's great, but just a bit creepy (I've always been a bit wary of backwards music). It's up there for my favorite song on this album. I'll have to listen to this more than once to figure out which I think is the best, though I do like them all.

Top Bottom