• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bayonetta "I was wrong" thread

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
She came right outta left field for me, I honestly did not see it coming at all :p

I'll admit, I've never played a Bayonetta game. So I'm not quite used to her and don't know much about her really. Here's hoping I can warm up to her in Smash!
Play one...or both

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
My friends and i wanted her very badly, but discarded her because she was "clearly" too sexy for smash. So i diverted my attention to Shantae. And here we are. so i was wrong but…

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
i admit i was wrong about Bayonetta in smash. even though i did cast a vote for her, i actually regretted it cause i thought it would never happen... now i'm glad i did put that vote in cause i feel like i actually contributed to the end result! :D

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I must say, I am actually pretty excited for her now. She is a character that I never knew I wanted to play as until 2 days ago when she was revealed. She looks awesome, her moveset looks fun, and she sounds awesome. It's good to have some more British VA representation, one that actually sounds 100% true British and not a cheap one (looking at you Shulk!).

Out of the three characters in the direct 2 days ago, I am indifferent to Cloud, and felt the same about Bayonetta initially. I love the Fire Emblem games, so actually enjoyed Corrin's inclusion, but now I am most excited for Bayonetta. Can't wait to give her a shot.

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
Did you think Bayo was too mature for Smash? Too dark? Too kinky? Perhaps too awesome?
Well ! You pretty much sumed up my thought over there !
Yeah, I was wrong, thinking her design was too hot for Smash... I was wrong... x)

Forze Dell'Oscurita

Smash Rookie
I definitely thought she was too kinky for Smash. I voted for her on the ballot; but I didn't think it would fly with Sakurai.

Especially after the last direct where the Brawl theme music came on. I for sure thought Wolf or Snake won the ballot and would be the last DLC character. Glad to see I was wrong :D!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I thought she was too "mature" for smash, and too "faddy" (basically, this gen's Travis Touchdown).

So I was double wrong. :p
Oh well, she definitely gives the game an extra spice in every way. It's actually cool to have her around, congratulations to those who wanted her in! (I kind of had a similar reaction to her as Wii Fit Trainer. Did not expect her, I was indifferent, but with chance of her growing on me, and gradually getting to like her inclusion due to uniqueness).

You can have my salty tears! :D (Even if they're not too salty anymore).

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I thought she was too mature. In hindsight, it occurred to me that she only had three things that couldn't be in smash; Blood, Nudity, and swearing. Blood already isn't in Smash, and Bayo doesn't actually swear very often, so all that was left was nudity, which was done very tastefully as so not to piss us off too much. It's so faithful to her character that it makes me cry.

But yeah, I was so wrong.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Mmhmm, I didn't think she stood a chance but thought she'd be an awesome addition to the cast given how well-received her games are.

Notshane

Smash Ace
I think she is laughing at Snake right now as she shoots her guns all around.

Also, awesome Takamaru portrait in your avatar.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
I thought she'd be too sexy and toning her down would be impossible. I couldn't be happier knowing I'm wrong
Sameeee here! I'm really hyped about being wrong tho, funny thing is.. my friend recorded the audio of our reaction and after all the excited shouting you can hear me says in the background "I eat my words!!"

PoopFeast420

Smash Cadet
I thought she'd be too risque and Kamiya would say no.

I was proved wrong, but hey, she looks cool and I'm willing to eat my "Well I messed up" cake.

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
I just realized that Ganondorf is like Rodin, so she's gonna be one hell of a doubles partner for Dorf, especially with Witch Time basically giving him free punches.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I will say I didn't think it would be possible for her to be in Smash and it's not because she's too mature (that didn't stop Snake from appearing in Brawl). I did acknowledged her as a great candidate though.

Her inclusion has tempted me to finish the first Bayonetta game and start on Bayonetta 2. It's been a year since I started on it and to this day, I still haven't finished it.

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
I didnt think Bayonetta had no chance but I doubted they would put her in either way...

But I did have a hunch of her being released during the final DLC stream

Notshane

Smash Ace
I didnt think Bayonetta had no chance but I doubted they would put her in either way...

But I did have a hunch of her being released during the final DLC stream
It is people like you that remind me of Kamui's addition being a good thing to the series. Sakurai KNOWS there are fans of Fates, and they even English patched the game a month after it came out in Japan, so I imagine it has a huge following where his/her appearance would be welcomed to Sm4sh.

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
It is people like you that remind me of Kamui's addition being a good thing to the series. Sakurai KNOWS there are fans of Fates, and they even English patched the game a month after it came out in Japan, so I imagine it has a huge following where his/her appearance would be welcomed to Sm4sh.
Random comment but yeah look at etika

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
I got it from looking at your signature, actually.
I figured

But there was also hype for Corrin after Sakurai revealed his moveset which seemed to be unique...

And even more when we saw his aerials so far to say that a lot of people are speculating Corrin might be better than Bayonetta..

Of course just speculation

Notshane

Smash Ace
I figured

But there was also hype for Corrin after Sakurai revealed his moveset which seemed to be unique...

And even more when we saw his aerials so far to say that a lot of people are speculating Corrin might be better than Bayonetta..

Of course just speculation
I can't see that, given Bayonetta's extreme level of uniqueness. But, people rank her as S Tier and Kamui as C-D Tier sometimes.

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going to create a topic but I'll express myself here instead.
In my opinion, and even if she is in there, she does not deserve to be in Sm4sh.

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
Heh, Ero, what a surprise to find you here. :awesome:
I'm not even mad, her introduction means a lot and it's good, but the character himself isn't fiting I think.
She's too sexy, it's a fact. If they rehandled her design a bit, I don't say, but as it is it's kind of disturbing.

And I'm not going to express how much Simon Belmont would have been better etc, you know this deal already.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Heh, Ero, what a surprise to find you here. :awesome:
I'm not even mad, her introduction means a lot and it's good, but the character himself isn't fiting I think.
She's too sexy, it's a fact. If they rehandled her design a bit, I don't say, but as it is it's kind of disturbing.

And I'm not going to express how much Simon Belmont would have been better etc, you know this deal already.
I don't think Bayonetta fits the game's style, either. There was something about Snake in Brawl where, when I saw him there, I thought it was hilariously fitting for some reason; especially given they used his most popular appearance from The Twin Snakes. Him choking people and everything, combined with the game already having a pretty gritty art style, made Snake feel right at home.

But, Bayonetta is in this game that is now bright, colorful and cheerful and...well, literally trying to kill them. She shoots in every move she has, smacks them up in the face with her pummel, slows down time to watch them suffer longer and her final smash is a demon eating them to death. No blast off the stage, nope, literal DEATH onscreen.

That being said, this is my opinion on her being in the game. Her playstyle, moves and everything are VERY unique, but I am still heavily mixed about her. She feels like she would've been more fitting in a T rated entry than Snake, given she brought guns to an E10+ rated battle; something that not even SNAKE could do in Brawl, despite how gruesome the game already looked on most of the Nintendo characters, especially Mario.

And I suppose this isn't a good time to tell you that Sakurai went to Konami for...(ahem) best not to bring out that information right now. That might change the topic entirely :awesome:

Darklink2nd

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darklink2nd
3DS FC
0602-6753-0653
I wanted her...I voted for her...did not think that it was going to happen. Sometimes I'm still surprised Nintendo even owns the IP.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
I have to admit, out of all the character reveals that we have had from Sakurai, Bayonetta's reveal is the most surprising, at least for me. I honestly thought that Bayonetta was way to sexy or mature, since it explains why Snake back in Brawl could not use guns. But Sakurai, being the genius that he is, actually made her fit into the roster without her losing anything that made her special (Witch Time, Wicked weaves, her dancing taunts, etc...).

Kudos Sakurai. Not bad at all.

Notshane

Smash Ace
I have to admit, out of all the character reveals that we have had from Sakurai, Bayonetta's reveal is the most surprising, at least for me. I honestly thought that Bayonetta was way to sexy or mature, since it explains why Snake back in Brawl could not use guns. But Sakurai, being the genius that he is, actually made her fit into the roster without her losing anything that made her special (Witch Time, Wicked weaves, her dancing taunts, etc...).

Kudos Sakurai. Not bad at all.
He literally lived up to his fan service thing, too. It makes me wonder what other characters could have had such beautiful treatment, you know? I know that, even though he's never going to be in the game, I would love for either Goemon or Takamaru to have something similar done to them someday. Given Sm4sh modding is progressing well, and Project M has had a slew of great new mods in recent months, I am not losing hope.

Top Bottom