• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The banning system on For Fun

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
As a person who plays For Fun a lot ( lololol filthy casual ) I keep on getting banned online for playing the game.... Just recently I got pulled out of a match for " excessive targeting" by charging the Limit Breaker ( Cloud ) and other times I got banned for the same reason ( excessive targeting ) just for running away from those who are trying to kill me.

Is anyone else having these problems or is it just me?

Last edited:

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
everyone has this problem whether on for fun or for glory. You can be banned for simply being better than your opponent because they are salty. People have been complain about the ban system since the game came out, some have even been banned for weeks at a time.

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
Thanks for the information. Now I know why I'm being banned for things I'm not doing.

But do people actually get banned for WEEKS? That sounds extremely harsh and unnecessary...

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
everyone has this problem whether on for fun or for glory. You can be banned for simply being better than your opponent because they are salty. People have been complain about the ban system since the game came out, some have even been banned for weeks at a time.
The bans due to salt is different from the bans the OP posted about.

Normally, excessive targetting bans give you a time frame of how long you'll be banned and will display the "crime" committed. They're more "official", in a way.

Salt Bans come as a result of getting reported.

Once banned, the game doesn't tell you you're banned nor does it provide a time frame for how long the ban lasts.

You don't get one of these when you're Salt Banned

Salt Bans last about a week, but if you're reported while Salt Banned, the duration is extended, resulting in getting banned for weeks unlike "official" bans which give you a set time.

Top Bottom