• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Art of Paralysis

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Sheik has many custom needle options. People often tend to choose between the default and the piercing needles. However, the third option is highly underrated. The Stun Needle. This needle has the handy attribute of increasing stun time depending on percentage. At 100% you'll have a full second of stun. If you already know the target flies backward with hitlag after the stun, you can easily get guaranteed sweetspot up smashes for kills. This can be vary handy for handling Sheik's difficulty getting kills.

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
This doesn't seem to have really enough information to be it's own thread, especially since it was named "The Art of Paralysis" (suggests this would be a guide). I suggest posting here ----> http://smashboards.com/threads/sheik-general-discussion-social-narutos-little-sister.324217/

I wouldn't say that the third option is underrated, just that the other two are very central to Sheik's neutral game and important to everything she does, while this is situational and don't perform the role needles are supposed to. Her default needles, when used with a tech called Rising Storm, offers great kill options off stage (where Sheik is strongest). I'm not entirely familiar with her second needle option, but I do know that it does great shield damage and charges much faster, which is amazing. Her third option, although good for getting kills, requires the opponent to get hit by her needle, which won't happen too often in top level play. Her Stun Needles aren't bad, they are just too situational and not as good as the other options. If needles weren't such an important part of Sheik's game, then her Stun Needles would be a smart option.

Last edited:
Top Bottom