• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The AI seems quite improved, even on lower levels.

Kairyu24

Smash Cadet
I'm looking to get online more, so I welcome a AI that doesn't as actively teach you bad things.

Something I notice is that they attempt to space more just outside your attack range, they are often not quite as willing to move in your range when charging. Seems a good change from dumber AI that randomly does smart things. It's probably still like this when I get more used to the game, but still, progress, it seems more subtle. Only nitpick is that sometimes the AI is a bit more of a coward.

I haven't tried it, but seemingly the level 9 AI is brutal too.

FNUStory

Smash Cadet
Truth be told, I just want an AI that isn’t going to cheat by reacting according to your button inputs.

Do they still do this at higher levels like in Sm4sh?

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman
Truth be told, I just want an AI that isn’t going to cheat by reacting according to your button inputs.

Do they still do this at higher levels like in Sm4sh?
Yeah, they do, and they react to those inputs in a much smarter way. Play against Level 9 Donkey Kong with anybody that doesn't have a sword, you'll see what I mean. It's extremely frustrating.

FNUStory

Smash Cadet
Yeah, they do, and they react to those inputs in a much smarter way. Play against Level 9 Donkey Kong with anybody that doesn't have a sword, you'll see what I mean. It's extremely frustrating.
If they’re going to do this, they should at least make them suspectable to being baited into their reaction like how a normal person is.

McCree

Smash Cadet
I'm looking to get online more, so I welcome a AI that doesn't as actively teach you bad things.

Something I notice is that they attempt to space more just outside your attack range, they are often not quite as willing to move in your range when charging. Seems a good change from dumber AI that randomly does smart things. It's probably still like this when I get more used to the game, but still, progress, it seems more subtle. Only nitpick is that sometimes the AI is a bit more of a coward.

I haven't tried it, but seemingly the level 9 AI is brutal too.
Came here looking for a post like this. Holy, I haven't played smash in years, and am not used to the button layout of the switch as of now (just played on train), but the AI seems waaaayyy better compared to previous games. I can't exactly say what was improved, but they seem more like real players now

Top Bottom