• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The abilities of the Waddle Dees?

Geal

Smash Rookie
Okay, I know we don't know much so far, but it's obvious Waddle Dees could play a big part in Dedede's game, being both his Side-B and Final Smash. The only action that they take that's described is that they "waddle around." But not that some screens of KDDD's final smash are shown, it looks almost like that attack. Imagine if KDDD could summon little fighters of his own? It certainly fits his character... And would provide some very interesting battle mechanics.

Maybe they only attack during the final smash? We do know that they move really fast during the final smash. It's hard to imagine a dozen or so super-fast Kirbies coming after you, especially with an invincible KDDD as well.

I think we all know the Waddle Doos will shoot their beams around them, and Gordos will prety much **** anything they touch. When compared to these, Waddle Dees probably just waddle around, but maybe they cause damage to whoever they touch? That would definitely give KDDD and advantage on smaller stages, just smash Side-B until the ground is yours.

What do you all think?

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
IMO the waddles will act as a obstaical. they might do minor damage when they touch someone wadle doos will damage someone when you touch them . gordos will just deal high damage low knockback when you touch them assuming they can not move

iron blade

Smash Ace
i'm guessing waddle dees do some damage, not a lot, not a little. i'm also guessing waddle doos shoot a lightning-like whipish thing at you, and the gordos do a lot of damage with high knockback.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Waddle Dees don't have any moves to use. Waddle Doo does have the beam attack. Gordo can seriously damage those who touch its spikes.

Geal

Smash Rookie
Maybe they just waddle around, but push people? in the Final Smash update, it does say to be careful of getting swept off the stage

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
In almost all Kirby games Waddle dees could run into kirby atleast two times before they themselves died. So im guessing that once they are just waddling around they can run into you a few times before disseapearing.

Waddle Doo's have their lazer whip thingy. Now, the most important thing I want to know about that is how fast and how often they use it. That will be the big thing that decides if they are useful or not.

My basic idea for gordo has already been said numerous times. But I wonder how powerful it will be. If its something that you will almost never get I could see it being a very deadly item. But I dont think it will be like that.

T-major

Smash Champion
In almost all Kirby games Waddle dees could run into kirby atleast two times before they themselves died. So im guessing that once they are just waddling around they can run into you a few times before disseapearing.

Waddle Doo's have their lazer whip thingy. Now, the most important thing I want to know about that is how fast and how often they use it. That will be the big thing that decides if they are useful or not.

My basic idea for gordo has already been said numerous times. But I wonder how powerful it will be. If its something that you will almost never get I could see it being a very deadly item. But I dont think it will be like that.
I pretty much have the same views as this guy. Dee's can hurt you if you touch them, but vanish after a few hits... simple.

Doo's can beam you; which I think will happen a reasonable amout of times before they vanish. maybe at random times, maybe when someone is close. either way, I expect at least two beams before disseapearing.

as for Gordo's... well, they hurt you. a lot. but are more rare than the others, and don,t stay on the field.

also, what I HOPE you can do, is suck them up using Dedede's Inhale (which I assume is his standard B move), then fire them out at people (they would turn into stars) and use them as ammo (you could also use your opponents, if you can inhale them)

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
It wouldn't make a lot of sense if you could pick them up afterwards. It would mean they would only do damage on the initial strike, and if this was the case it would make more sense if they disappeared on impact (with a foe or the ground). I'm guessing they don't openly attack either, they simply do slight damage if they walk into you (probably less damage then you would take if you are hit with the throw itself). Waddle Doos will as always beam things up with their laser, and if your stupid enough to touch one it will probably do some damage, about the same or perhaps slightly more than a Waddle Dee. Gordo however will likely do significantly more damage with some fairly decent knockback to boot.

Now, the Final Smash looks like a whole new ballgame. The Waddle Dees are clearly faster, and they must do more damage too. The lone Waddle Doo in the screenshot is doing his beam attack as usual, but I'd guess its stornger and they are also a bit swifter. The Gordos, once again, are probably much tougher, and probably do more damage and knockback than under normal circumstancers. It would only be fair if they moved faster as well. The only other thing about his FS is that the Waddles will likely home in on foes to a certain extent, rather than waddling aimlessly as they probably do on a mormal basis. The screenshots seem to show enemies (namely Yoshi) taking some substantial knockback after being bumped by a Waddle Dee, and some shots appear to show them jumping too. To sum it up, I think the minions summoned after grabbing a Smash Ball will be more formidable in several ways, as opposed to simply being faster.

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
It wouldn't make a lot of sense if you could pick them up afterwards. It would mean they would only do damage on the initial strike, and if this was the case it would make more sense if they disappeared on impact (with a foe or the ground). I'm guessing they don't openly attack either, they simply do slight damage if they walk into you (probably less damage then you would take if you are hit with the throw itself). Waddle Doos will as always beam things up with their laser, and if your stupid enough to touch one it will probably do some damage, about the same or perhaps slightly more than a Waddle Dee. Gordo however will likely do significantly more damage with some fairly decent knockback to boot.

Now, the Final Smash looks like a whole new ballgame. The Waddle Dees are clearly faster, and they must do more damage too. The lone Waddle Doo in the screenshot is doing his beam attack as usual, but I'd guess its stornger and they are also a bit swifter. The Gordos, once again, are probably much tougher, and probably do more damage and knockback than under normal circumstancers. It would only be fair if they moved faster as well. The only other thing about his FS is that the Waddles will likely home in on foes to a certain extent, rather than waddling aimlessly as they probably do on a mormal basis. The screenshots seem to show enemies (namely Yoshi) taking some substantial knockback after being bumped by a Waddle Dee, and some shots appear to show them jumping too. To sum it up, I think the minions summoned after grabbing a Smash Ball will be more formidable in several ways, as opposed to simply being faster.
I agree with you, especially about the FS. By reading the descriptions, you can tell that pictures don't do that FS justice. I can imagine about 20-30 of those things zipping through the screen, harming all in their way (substantially).

KingDedede2

Smash Cadet
IMO the waddles will act as a obstaical. they might do minor damage when they touch someone wadle doos will damage someone when you touch them . gordos will just deal high damage low knockback when you touch them assuming they can not move
I agree with u

Top Bottom