• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That very sad moment when you have a wonderful idea and it fails anyways.

D

Deleted member

About a month ago after completing my first ever Melee TAS (And forgetting to save it. .-. I realized that the PM debug mode is capable of everything that dolphin can do minus the save states of course. And the viewing of hitboxes is very helpful. :3 Overall it's just a lot easier and more comfortable to do it on the console. I went ahead and made an on console TAS an experiment and it worked... but when you save it as a replay you get the actual inputs that you did instead of the replay getting the individual inputs for each frame like I was hoping. ie: Multishining as Falco, my actual inputs were B and five frames later Y and five frames later B and so on and so on, but it registered the inputs that I was doing in real time instead of the frame by frame inputs. I was really happy when I found out that this worked, since it means that I wouldn't have to set up dolphin on another computer and try to get PM on it and all, but even though it works I can't save replays which kind of defeats the purpose...
Is there any way that anyone could get it to work? Could it somehow be modded or should I just shut up and get it up on my laptop?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The replay data format would need to be reworked
HOLY CRAP ARE YOU T H E Wiiztec? >.< Nice to see you. Yeah, this was the reason why I'm pretty sure it would be close to impossible. Modifying the replay system would be about as hard as making extra use of the save file, which no one has ever done. Maybe if the debug mode was somehow able to freeze the recording of inputs too, that could solve the problem. Or maybe some kind of program could be created to make a custom set of inputs into a bin file, but that's really far fetched. I don't expect it to ever work, but I posted it here because I'm pretty desperate at this point now that I have almost no access to a computer capable of doing what I want it to. And because I just thought that this was a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom