• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That one egg thing Yoshi players do on the ledge

TravisRoland

Smash Rookie
How do they do it? I am referring the when they grab the ledge. Let go. Throw an egg. Grab the ledge again. Every time I try it I SD :\ and in case it matter, I play with tap jump off

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Press back on the ledge to let go, jump and then throw an egg in quick succession. As you'd know, the egg toss will cancel out your double jump so be careful as it's really easy to SD with it, or just the same get knocked out of your jump then bam you're dead :/
Just make sure you throw the egg above the ledge a bit so you can still re-grab it.

SPIRE_FAN

Smash Cadet
This is one of Yoshi's hardest techniques to master in my opinion. The most effective way I found to practice it is to go to Temple on training mode and practice on the edge in the very top middle of the stage. Every time you fall you can just lightly down B and re-grab to go again without wasting time coming back from the stage. Just like playing an instrument, start VERY SLOWLY and after much muscle memory and repetition, speed up a little, rinse and repeat.

Top Bottom