• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That moment where you win or lose due to lag.

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
I have played some matches both recently and in the past where lag even affects who will be the winner of the match. I've had several times in my sm4sh For glory where the lag makes particularly interesting moments. Such as laging at a moment when players are off stage, making both players desperate to make their way to the ledge and it could well cause unintentional footstools as well as some other possibilities. What moments have you seen or played where this lag abnormally occurs ?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I have played some matches both recently and in the past where lag even affects who will be the winner of the match. I've had several times in my sm4sh For glory where the lag makes particularly interesting moments. Such as laging at a moment when players are off stage, making both players desperate to make their way to the ledge and it could well cause unintentional footstools as well as some other possibilities. What moments have you seen or played where this lag abnormally occurs ?
When im close to my opponent and about to hit em.....how ironic...

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I've seen this happen both to me and to my opponent before many times.
Someone gets smashed really far away and live. Before they get the chance to use their recovery, the lag spikes and the game freezes for a few seconds. When the game regains its senses, the victim recovers too late and dies. Classy.

Also, this happens to me particularly often and I actually lost matches before because of this: I try to recover in a match full of input lag. Of course, I don't know if the game feels like registering any of my inputs so I just mash Up B until something happens. As soon as I grab the ledge, one of the lagged and buffered inputs finally registers and my character does a Get Up Attack and I get hit. That one really pisses me off.

Top Bottom