• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures and such.

Sidestep Abuse

Smash Rookie
Hey there everyone, I have recently joined the forums and also recently got an SD Card. I did it because I want to be able to use textures and other things you guys can do. But I have no idea on how to do it. I also recently got a Wii about a week ago though I had one a while ago for a few years. The only games I have are SSBB and Mario Kart Wii.

I need an idiot's guide to hacking (if getting textures is hacking) SSBB. I have no idea about it except the Homebrew Channel and need an easy to understand guide on it. Could anyone help? :c

Pivot

Godfather
3DS FC
4742-5223-3550
You need to install the home brew channel and Gecko OS to your wii.

Bootmii will also help to install. Textures etc. can be found in BrawlBox (a popular site for that sort of thing).

As for technical guides about installing etc, Google had loads. Trust me it's pretty straightforward and simple.

:phone:

Sidestep Abuse

Smash Rookie
Thank you. I am starting this from scratch. Could you try to provide a link while I am looking?

EDIT: Looking through something now. When do I need to use my SD Card? Do I need to install things into my computer 1st?

Sidestep Abuse

Smash Rookie
I have the wrong SD Card! I need a normal size one, not the Micro SD one. I can't do the Brawl hack with the SDHC. :(

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
To learn how to install the Homebrew channel, go here. There is a very small chance that you will "brick" (destroy) your Wii. Accept this fact or turn back now.

To go into Brawl Hacking, all you really need is an app that can load Ocarina/Gecko codes on your Wii, and the File Patch Code (Cpoyright Phantom Wings). The exact details can be found here.

Ignore what it says about Gecko OS - it can be run with anything that can load Ocarina/Gecko Codes.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Happy Hacking!

P.S. There's another way to do it that involves Riivouloution which might serve you better since you have the actual disc. But... I can't help with that, Sorry! :(

Top Bottom