• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

texture transparency problem

mask man

Smash Cadet
some textures like the hands on the char select screen,
after i edit them the backround color turns to the backround color when it was invisable.
im sure GIMP has something to help transparency,but as of now i dont know what it is.and i hate gimp.to much stuff and its all complex.

so when i play it the edited textures have boxes around them,
i might post a screeny if you dont understand.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Its your graphics card. My best friend has the exact same problem. So far i havent figured out how to edit textures on his comp yet...so no luck

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice
Well when I started changing textures I first did it in paint, but then I had to work in photoshop for most of the textures (except the completely colored ones) as i needed transparencies. Yeah so i'm not completely sure what you problem is but i think it's just you need to make the background/other side transparent. i once figured it out but now i can't help you unless i redownload gimp to look for it (lol check the help menu).

mask man

Smash Cadet
gah,
the help menu never worked.it was jacked up when i got it.the help files missing or something i guess.

Top Bottom