• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture pattern hacking - almost complete

Haxor

Smash Rookie
Wow, i've heard about texture patterns/animations. (I've even tried to actually make some, but failed horribly)
Do you mind if you can teach me or something? I would love to explore this type of stuff.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
More discovery!

Now, the milestone on 90% has past!

* all black boxes is unknown
* the gray boxes is unsure but I believe it is a wierd nr placement "which is which" and so on.
* The yellow box there the "red box" beginnigs
38 + 58 = 90, the red box starts on 90.

* how many numentries it is before the "red box", in which case, it is "4" (remember, 0 is 1 so 3 in hex is 4 in dex this time)
* The blue boxes is funny because they are connected with each other. it "kinda" confirm where the numentries name/place is.
the calculation is:
FC - 58 = A4
108 - 64 = A4
114 - 70 = A4
124 - 7C = A8
Those are important and need to fit with the red box.

*The red boxes is the nunentries (eyeL, eyeR, eyeyellowL and eyeyellowR)
* each numentries is "C" hex long (12 in dex)
* The dark red box is the beginning of the first numentries, it is where the "name" is.
the calculations for the name is.
90 + A4 = 134 (EyeL)
9C + A4 = 140 (EyeR)
A8 + A4 = 14C (EyeYellowL)
B4 + A8 = 15C (EyeYellowR)

*The darkest red box in the red box is "the flag" and there is 2 known flag for now and those are:
5: follow the pattern (the brown box)
7: frozen

*the redpink box is which texture it will be shown if the pattern is frozen. if the flag is set on 5, leave this at 00
*the pink box is which pattern it will follow. this should be "0" if the flag is set on 7
but it is confusing to count out from the pink box which pattern (brown boxes) it will follow.
you count from the BEGINNING of a numentries and add the hex it is in the pink box. in this case.
90 + 30 = C0 (first brown box)
9C + 24 = C0
A8 + 3A = E0 (second brown box)
B4 + 2C = E0

only the black and gray boxes left! :D

EDIT: it's not only those left, I need to figure out the "start" index too ;_;

(dont know if the "3" is in it too)
these missing/unknown facts are the last pieces to fully customable texture pattern. does anyone know how that (or other ) index works?

tried to make a fully custom yesterday with one more numentries, one more texture slot and with custom pattern. I know I put everything right that I already know but then I try to put the texture pattern on a move and it says that the string is not right and I guess it is the black box above D:
the numstrings is wierd each time but atleast the textures works in place :3

highfive

Smash Lord
So... Are you saying Pikachu can have an eye patch... and perhaps Ragnell? Well the Ragnell part is already possible I believe but it'd still be epic to fight as Pikachu with an eye patch and Ragnell.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I will post a Guide/tutorial how to make own texture pattern soon.
but the black and gray boxes is still unknown yet D:
I will try to figure it out a bit more xD
So... Are you saying Pikachu can have an eye patch... and perhaps Ragnell? Well the Ragnell part is already possible I believe but it'd still be epic to fight as Pikachu with an eye patch and Ragnell.
yesh, it is possible :3
I demand a download link for this, I like pikachu's ORLY face.
I only did a "remake" of his wait2 texture pattern xD

Top Bottom