• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture Hack Problem: Freezing + misc

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
Hello there ladies and gentlemen

SO, the main problem is freezing. After about maybe 5-15 minutes of gameplay my Wii will auto freeze and the tv will ring out this "buzzing" noise. I'm sure most people who use any kind of hacks have experienced this before.

The most immediate problem I can think of are the codes, but I got the codes from a friend who doesn't have freezing problems like I do, so BAH.

What I have:
-Homebrew Channel
-SD Card
>GeckoOS 1.07
>A bunch of textures

Additional problems:
-Bowser freezes my Wii as well... of all characters, Bowser has a beef with me :ohwell:
-custom strap loader doesn't work... at all. :mad:

I appreciate you guys for taking your time and looking at this for me. Hopefully I can get it fixed, looking to learn every character, and the textures will make it less tedious, and more fun! :chuckle:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Try using a newer version of Gecko OS. Also, check to make sure that you aren't using too many codes.

Lastly, check which version of the file replacement code that you're using. The older versions have had problems with Bowser, but versions 2.1a and 3.5.1 have fixed up that problem.

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
Try using a newer version of Gecko OS. Also, check to make sure that you aren't using too many codes.

Lastly, check which version of the file replacement code that you're using. The older versions have had problems with Bowser, but versions 2.1a and 3.5.1 have fixed up that problem.
heh Since I'm like... a total newb at this, can you help me with some steps? :chuckle:

So I THINK I understand how to update my Gecko OS, as far as I know it's just copy the newer version onto my SD, done deal? I've only been able to get my hands on Gecko1.9. I can't seem to get any newer ones.

As for too many codes, I guess you mean like, too many different hacks? Well I HOPE to get music hack running soon, but atm I only have textures. Not sure if that's what you're referring to.

In terms of file replacement, here I'm actually stumped. I don't know how to check which version I have, and I also don't know where to update. :urg:

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
If you open up your code list, you should see your codes, and (hopefully) the replacement code will be titled "file replacement 3.5.1" (unless you changed the name). If it's not, or it's not the latest version, update it. Note that Pal's latest version is 2.1a.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225642
Some codes can interfere with each other, so try using only the file replacement code.
It's possible that the files you're putting in are causing problems, but that's unlikely. Try just a texture hack.
It's essential that you have the latest version of Gecko, to.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gecko

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
ALRIGHT It works!

So the things I did:
-Update GeckoOS from 1.07 -> 1.9 which made things a bit better
-completely swapped my codes from my old ones to 3.5.1

The second one made it work fully. Strap, stages, and Bowser worked great.

Thanks to all you guys taking your time to help me out! =]

King_Adon

Smash Rookie
Texture hacks

I have the same problem but homebrew and geko 1.9 works but when I try group brawl I get this buzzing noise.....What do:urg:

Top Bottom