• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and model problem

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
So I created 3 models of a cylinder, sphere and cone on 3DS Max and exported them to a DAE format. After that I exported them to a mdl0 format.

This is where the problem starts. Unlike other model like a block or stair these three model have no folders called "Textures". How am I suppose to add textures now?

I Myself

Smash Cadet
Based on the contents of your recent posts I assume you are trying to create your own custom stage. If so, the tutorials on WackaAlpaca's YouTube channel should give you all the information you need. On one of his videos he even links a blank .PAC file for you to insert your stage models into.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
Based on the contents of your recent posts I assume you are trying to create your own custom stage. If so, the tutorials on WackaAlpaca's YouTube channel should give you all the information you need. On one of his videos he even links a blank .PAC file for you to insert your stage models into.

I already created a stage for testing and made one. But then I created models for the background but these models don't have "textures" file like a regular block does. I followed his guide for stage building but it wasn't exactly what i was looking for.

P.S. I used 3DS Max and converted them to DAE.

I Myself

Smash Cadet
Did you apply the textures in 3DS Max first? The .dae should contain texture file information that gets carried over when imported to BrawlBox.
Maybe you could put a download link for your file so people can take a look and see how you've set it up?

I Myself

Smash Cadet
I would guess that you didn't put textures on these objects in 3DS Max before exporting them as .dae files. That being said, you shouldn't need to re-export the .dae files as .mdl0s to make them work with BrawlBox. As long as the .dae had textures and shaders associated with it in 3DS Max, those attributes should be imported when you replace a .mdl0 in a stage .pac file with your custom model. You can even right-click a ModelData[#] file in a stage .pac and add a new blank .mdl0 to replace with your own model if you want more than one .mdl0 for a given stage element.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
I would guess that you didn't put textures on these objects in 3DS Max before exporting them as .dae files. That being said, you shouldn't need to re-export the .dae files as .mdl0s to make them work with BrawlBox. As long as the .dae had textures and shaders associated with it in 3DS Max, those attributes should be imported when you replace a .mdl0 in a stage .pac file with your custom model. You can even right-click a ModelData[#] file in a stage .pac and add a new blank .mdl0 to replace with your own model if you want more than one .mdl0 for a given stage element.
Cool thanks I'll try that
P.S. If you are interested to know i'm making a very unique stage.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
This is why it's important to do research and figure some things out before attempting something like this. Saves everyone time and this website less topic clutter.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
This is why it's important to do research and figure some things out before attempting something like this. Saves everyone time and this website less topic clutter.
I did try to find the problem but i was new to this and this specific problem was something i couldn't even search on google.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Well then next time you need to search harder and more accurately. There are also video tutorials on YouTube, which can be even more helpful.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
Well then next time you need to search harder and more accurately. There are also video tutorials on YouTube, which can be even more helpful.
For the EXACT thing i was looking for their is no video on youtube that explained my problem.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice

Literally took 20 seconds to find.
You didn't understand.
At first i did not realize you had to do that until people pointed out to me. What you showed I could of done that but I just needed to know what to look.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Stop posting your help threads in this section. You're creating a lot of clutter. Make them in the actual help section instead.

Alternatively, go to KC-MM and read some tutorials. They've got plenty.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
Stop posting your help threads in this section. You're creating a lot of clutter. Make them in the actual help section instead.

Alternatively, go to KC-MM and read some tutorials. They've got plenty.
KC-MM?

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, we want to help people like you when they're having problems, but consider this.
We make the effort to answer any questions you may have, so in return you should make the effort to do research before crying out for advice on numerous threads. It does become tiresome, especially when you show little/ no gratitude to an answer and instead ask more obvious questions.

You'll be ignored if you carry on like this, time to overcome that Google phobia of yours and start searching.

Top Bottom