• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tether Fail Issue

Orion Prime

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

I may be missing something here, but is there anything other than the 3 attempt limit that can stop samus' tether from grabbing the edge? Occasionally it seems to fail for no reason, even when it is nowhere near out of range. Any thoughts?

Chevy

Smash Ace
It seems to crap out if you are perfectly level with the stage, and less often when you are above the stage. It's safest to just always tether from below. I would hope for a fix, but ideally we get blessed with Melee tethers next update.

Orion Prime

Smash Cadet
Yah it does tend to happen when its even w the level. So its just something random to be dealt w I guess? Thx for the reply

Litt

Samus
Its not random, its just you can't when you are even with or above the level... get used to it, and this info was in previous posts, so next time you have an issue or just some free time, I would recommend scrolling through and reading all the previous posts.

Omega Male

Smash Cadet
It seems to crap out if you are perfectly level with the stage, and less often when you are above the stage. It's safest to just always tether from below. I would hope for a fix, but ideally we get blessed with Melee tethers next update.
Melee tethers? Pardon me but I have little to no experience with melee besides casual play, could you explain?

Chevy

Smash Ace
In Melee tethers just shoot out exactly as if you were doing a z-air, but if they hit a vertical surface they attach to it. From here you can pull in and jump from the latching point. The tether keeps it's hurtbox the whole time too. The main draw of this is that it actually requires some skill to use, but it's also a lot more fun. It's really easy to intercept if you just aim for wall and hop up, but you have a ton of mix-ups and ATs that come with the tether behaving consistently, rather than like an entirely new move because you're an arbitrary distance from the ledge. Just watch some Melee Samus play, recovery is actually interesting.

Top Bottom