• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

heytallman

CTALL
Jake, I need your friend code.

Also, I JUST noticed that the tournament is now on the 22nd. That means I can go! I think people should wait until then to take a final stance on Brawl. Maybe it's a noobish or wishful statement, but you may find that Brawl could be good for tournaments.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Brawl is too good. I'm having way too much fun with it. And I thought it was going to suck way hardcore and wanted a melee 2.0 from the start.

If you want to be a competitive little bi.tch, stick with melee. If you want fun times, brawl it up.

Also, three stock matches take me three to five minutes top, Allan. What are you doing?
i was doing a 3 stock match and it took well over 15min due to lag. ive heard people are having smooth matches with people from Va. How does thier connection do well yet mine sucks? any ideas on how to improve my connection? the router is literaly one wall away from me. all the other nline features on my wii work except for fighting online.

to HEYTALLMAN: your are right. im going to give brawl a shot till the 22nd.

Kyuusoku

Smash Cadet
I have a couple of thoughts for everyone regarding alot of things on both Brawl and Melee.

The first "problem" I will address is "Lag". If you've suffered from lag, not to sound mean or rude, but it may be your own fought and heres why. So far from playing online I've played:
XZalla, Lab Rat, Apocalypse, Colombian Falcon, Revised, Hylian and I was even in a game with Taj. Now with the exception of the last two Hylian and Taj, I yet to suffer any major lag. The worst had to be with Hylian, I'm sure if you asked he could tell you about it, but even then I'm sure both of us would agree it wasn't that bad. We played four games, the first two were lag free, the third had alittle lag, and the fourth had more lag. Im not sure what your connection speed is, mine is 1.5 mbps, and I'm not sure what connection method your using, but I'm using the Wii Lan Adaptar, not the USB WiFi Wii Adapter. Also if it helps, I have SBC Global. Some problems, you guys may be suffering from may because of 1)you or your family trying to be on the net while you play, 2)having other programs running on your computer while you try to play, and lastly 3)the USB WiFi Wii Adapter itself. Anything can give it interferance, whether it be a wireless mouse and keyboard, a cell phone next to your computer or Wii, even having alot of metal between your Wii and the computer itself. Long story short, interferance equals lag. I honestly suggest everyone get the Lan Adapter if lag is going to be an issue, I promise it will help, this isn't me just talking, I've owned both and weighed out the differences. Ask anyone I've played and I'm sure they tell you the lag was never that bad.

The second "problem" I guess would be the differences "between Melee and Brawl". By terms of fun, come on guys, this game is lot more fun then Melee. More characters, more stages, more music, equal more fun. In terms of the competitive situation, I'll agree Brawl was toned down alot technically from what Melee used to be. I'm not going to be someone who's glad "all that junk" is gone because they themselves couldn't do it. You want to know my play style in Melee? Re-Watch Tink, playing in Xyro77's youtube.com page. My point is, anything I saw, I could do, fluently. If you dont like the way things are, find out ways to do other things. This game will only be as competitive as you guys make it. We all have habits, and all this game means is your technical skill can no longer save your bad habits, you yourself will have to actually "think" in this game or your bad habits will keep you from ever getting good. Long story short, if your mad now, you'll be alot more mad when they do discover better tactics and everyone else has begun to perfect while you begin to learn.

In all, I love this game, and I've had nothing but fun playing since I've had it. I do not like the story mode, but multiplayer is very fun and I hope to continue to play it with you all for years to come. Also, I wont be home till 8pm today, so I cant play till 8. In the mean time I'll be on the internet just looking around.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It seems like online lag has gotten worse for me. I'm starting to hate how my attacks are delayed by a second or so or how it sometimes doesn't even register my input. I've seen people get away with so many attacks just because I'm lagging to the point where my moves don't come out in time. Stupid Comcast. Ah well...I still love this game, and I won't stop playing it anytime soon. :)

G@BE

Smash Lord
yea kyuuu it was almost after a few matches when we were playing as if i did not notice anything... no lag .. or maybe i just got used to it :/

Xyro77

th only online action im getting is spectator mode.........

by the way, anybody wanna play saturday? im off the whole day. i wanna get a smash fest going. not melee, just horrible brawl.

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
I almost **** my pants when Roy pulled an old school Melee falcon combo on me.. just shows how horrible I am at brawl for that to even work. Weeeee.

Gabe, Allan, and anyone else who hasn't added me yet... add me!

kage921

Smash Journeyman
well I've had nothing but fun playing brawl, so I don't think people should be giving up on it. Come on , wavedash wasn't discovered till 2 years into melee so I think that yall should give it more time.

The matches I've had were good I guess some had a bit of lag while others were horrible, but i still enjoy this game.

Ike is amazing
:):):)

EnTragic

Smash Cadet
OK here is my take on the lag... If one player lags.. It makes the entire match lag...

Me and a couple of my Vegas buddies smashed it up online and we had no lag...

However when one of our other friends joined... It all of a sudden became hella slow.

The online play is great if both have "Very good" connection. Another thing that I have noticed is that although the Wii has wifi... It is always better to Direct connect or just setup closer to your router... or what have you.

<--My Friend code

If you wanna play XD

heytallman

CTALL
Okay, so I no longer have a ride to the tournament, which really sucks because I was looking forward to it os much. Anyone in the area want to give me a ride? I'll split gas, I just don't have a car.
Where in Houston do you live, person who has to pee? If you live near south/west/southwest, I can give you a ride. Also, do you drink a lot of water or something? Becuase your screen name implies that you have a bladder problem.

Also, Rockettrainer, add me as a friend on brawl.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Where in Houston do you live, person who has to pee? If you live near south/west/southwest, I can give you a ride. Also, do you drink a lot of water or something? Becuase your screen name implies that you have a bladder problem.

L-M-A-O ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

P.S. Allan I may be down to play this weekend. Let me know.

i have to pee

Smash Rookie
Ewok Tree Village, TX (TX, LA, NM, OK only)

I live about 20 miles south of Houston down I-45. Between Houston and Galveston. I know there have got to be at least a few guys around heading this way.

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
i like the lag, it gives me time to think between each move...

roy plays falcon like its super smash bros melee, and he still ***** lol

anyone who hasnt added me needs to add me, again my aim is camindar

i have yet to play vs more than one person... so i really wanna set something up to where we can do some teams online...

also for some reason i cant play with roy, we added each other but we cant play... W-T-F man!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Team matches seem extremely difficult to accomplish, because everyone will have different connection speeds. I've already tried to do team matches three times, but the matches NEVER start. Nintendo must still be working on the the server load...

Asim, I want to play you in person! Plz, kthx.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If your matches are lasting over 8 minutes, it's because you suck. Seriously, I used to have long matches when i first played the japanese copy, but as you get better your matches get shorter. Most of my matches now are around 3 minutes.

Xyro77

I live about 20 miles south of Houston down I-45. Between Houston and Galveston. I know there have got to be at least a few guys around heading this way.
hey are you one of the kids that went to the league city GS tourney on brawl launch night?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Brawl is amazing.

I'm totally up for playing this weekend. As always, though, it depends on whether my ride/s are up for playing T_T

Also, Hylian, add me! We should play :)

kage921

Smash Journeyman
hey I'am down to play this weekend...... hit meh up....... .

asim I'am still waiting for you to add me, the same for clue, axxo, hylian, and ink.

Gea

Smash Master
Yeah, WIFI is being a real ***** to connect to people. Every match I play I get about a second of input lag. Gross. But then again everyone I've played had an orange/red ping and was from CA so...

Yup. Also ROFL @ 15 minute matches. Even just starting out our matches were 3-4 minutes 3 stock. Honestly I see little reason to not play four again besides the fact that its so easy for people to stall like little *****es.

Gangsta Pika is where its at.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Brawl is amazing.

I'm totally up for playing this weekend. As always, though, it depends on whether my ride/s are up for playing T_T

Also, Hylian, add me! We should play :)
Definitly. Will be fun.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Three stock is probably a good idea for now. It should be bumped back to four stock once everyone has figured out their main and gotten use to the new gameplay. :)

0_Zero_0

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Brawl is awesome, I for one really enjoy playing it. Maybe we should just give it a while for us to figure out the techniques it might have hidden somewhere lol.
I'm sure it will get better. hopefully...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I have a few suggestions for the outdated stage list on the first page:

-Luigi's Mansion should be counter-pick. The pillars of the mansion hinder projectiles (a tactical advantage) and also delay attacks.
-Battleship Halberd should be counter-pick. A stage with any kind of stage hazard doesn't really qualify for neutral status. The beam cannon, cannonballs, and claw are all easily avoidable (the claw requires better timing).
-The Summit should be banned. Low grav during the parts where the stage moves is similar to the whole low-grav part of Pokemon Stadium 2. Plus the fish is just god-awful annoying in a serious match.

I have some other suggestions, but these are the one mains right now.

Xyro77

yea i remember you. i am in santa fe on weekends. so if u wanna play melee or brawl. tell me.

Velox

Smash Ace
Whoever said Melee should have been the 3rd game and Brawl should have been the 2nd game I think hit it right on the head. There is still some chance out there for Brawl, but I don't think it will ever be Melee.

On that note, I have found a really good advanced way of playing with any character. Most (all) of us are mad that our movement is severly limited. It's like our arms and legs of Melee have been severed. You can somewhat restore them with the new modified dash dance (fox trot). It looks even more ridiculous than it ever has, and it is slower, but it's something that helps me win against the noobs I've been playing.

Also I won a melee tournament at a game crazy just before Brawl release to celebrate the new game (Sat. night) :) There was going to be a free copy of brawl given out but they got gay and just gave away skins... At least I can win against some people. Also, all of those people almost had seizures after they saw me play and got a taste (the full taste if I do say so myself) of how fast you could move in Melee. I enjoyed it a lot. There was like 30 people too... /funny brag

IT'S VERY FUNNY TO ME THAT YOU GUYS ARE ALREADY DISCUSSING COMPETITVE RULES! LOL, GIVE THE GAME A MONTH AT THE MINIMUM BEFORE YOU GET GAY LIKE THIS!!!

onii-chan

Smash Ace
i finally played brawl yesterday and all that i said about were true...it was a sad game i was disgusted at the way characters were dumbed down...it felt as if i were playing a crappy game with good graphics...i offically will still stick with melee!

BRAWL SUCKS!

Xyro77

start getting good and makin rules at the beginning, pays off in the end.

secondly, dedede theme is by far the best song in this game.

3rdly, im off friday, anybody wanna play?????? this online brawl cr@p not working is getting me angry.

4thish, im gonna post a combo vid that is the king of combo vids!!!!!!!!!

5thish, im the best brawl player in houston........you know why? cause ive watched over 100 matches on spectator mode cause my online wont let me battle anybody.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
IT'S VERY FUNNY TO ME THAT YOU GUYS ARE ALREADY DISCUSSING COMPETITVE RULES! LOL, GIVE THE GAME A MONTH AT THE MINIMUM BEFORE YOU GET GAY LIKE THIS!!!
Tournament next weekend says hi. And don't forget his, oh so morbidly obese friend Temple and his little brother Pork City! Of course, we could just play all items on, no time limit, all stages, just like Gamestop!

In other words, thinking about this stuff won't hurt, right? ;)

Velox

Smash Ace
well..................

the rules now will be wrong so yeah,

have fun changing them soon, however what's gay is that people will say in a year, "oohhh, but it's worked this way for a year" completely forgetting the fact that when they made the rules it was when they were uneducated (some problems with that in melee, if IC infinite started banned it would never have been "accepted" by some people lol)

nvm this is stupid

also I wobbled someone in said melee tournament before brawl to their dismay

AND THEY DELAYED BRAWL TO MAKE TIME TO OBTAIN "SEEMLESS ONLINE PLAY"!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This whole Brawl experience has been dumb, and the game is boring anyway, I was actually playing Halo 3 all launch night and learning how to play Rock Band (it's awesome!)

onii-chan

Smash Ace
AND THEY DELAYED BRAWL TO MAKE TIME TO OBTAIN "SEEMLESS ONLINE PLAY"!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This whole Brawl experience has been dumb, and the game is boring anyway, I was actually playing Halo 3 all launch night and learning how to play Rock Band (it's awesome!)
yeah i agree with you, brawl was a huge fail...it disappointed even though i could careless about it in the first place but now i know i made the right decision...also rock band is awesome!i played it today with pimpslap and other friends

i think i will make a "WE HATE BRAWL THREAD..." to express my hate and let other rant about how badly the game was made for all that delaying and stuff

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
guys, i did a samus combo vid. it replaces the TGM combo........

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cr44ZWwR348
If you ever abandon the TGM combo, I will murder you in your sleep.

As for all those people saying Brawl isn't good, too slow, or w/e... go play Kyuusoku.
You'll know what you should be like in a year from now.

**** you Roy for hogging Kyuusoku practice.. H8U!

Top Bottom