• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test your bomb-jumping prowess!

Chevy

Smash Ace
So, I was screwing around and found that you can actually travel underneath many of the stages in PM, even without Melee tether mechanics. You can ledge-drop straight from one side and get to the other on all of these, though it's easier to roll of the ledge with a morph bomb so you can start higher. Anyway, it's a good exercise to see just how efficiently you are using your bombs. Try it out, post videos if you care enough.

Easy : Skyworld

Medium : Battlefield, Smashville

Difficult : Metal Cavern(left to right and right to left both possible)

Perfection : Norfair

Impossible? : Final Destination, Skyloft, Lylat, Dreamland

Bonus : Touch the bottom pillar on PS1/PS2 and make it back.

I've managed to make it under Norfair straight from the ledge like once, the rest are more doable with practice.

Last edited:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Interesting but.... why xD
Part of what makes these games so much fun is the way the movement options open up unique ways of getting around the levels. Getting under the levels usually requires specific knowledge and execution abilities that are often fun to learn in their own right.

Basically, what KLit said.

Missile

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sure FD can be traveled underneath of with Samus with some clever use of walljump/breversing and tethering to the ledge.

Chevy

Smash Ace
Pretty sure FD can be traveled underneath of with Samus with some clever use of walljump/breversing and tethering to the ledge.
I tried and I can't get to the opposite wall with just bombs and double jump. The wall is low enough that one double jump would get you to the top, it's just a matter of getting up to the wall.

Chevy

Smash Ace
Melee tethers help a lot, lol. Maaaaybe a perfect grapple jump could get you all the way to the ledge if you went down backwards.

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
It is my duty to complete this task.

UPDATE: I've worked my way up to impossible.

P.S. Norfair ain't that hard. ;p

UPDATE: FD is possible with an aerial-glidetoss. I haven't been able to do it without it.

Last edited:

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
Also for fun, you guys should try reaching the middle pillar under PS2 and get back on stage. It's doable, but hard! maybe you can add this to the challenges?

ALSO
Can any of you aerial glidetoss an item and work your way under Smashville with it?
It's super fun.

Last edited:

Chevy

Smash Ace
Also for fun, you guys should try reaching the middle pillar under PS2 and get back on stage. It's doable, but hard! maybe you can add this to the challenges?
Ha, I actually did that while screwing around, not that hard #SKRUB. I'll put it up though.

Last edited:

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I've managed to do all of them with my eyes closed.

EDIT: I might need an eye witness because l can't really tell if l made it or not. With my eyes closed and all...

Chevy

Smash Ace
I've managed to do all of them with my eyes closed.

EDIT: I might need an eye witness because l can't really tell if l made it or not. With my eyes closed and all...
You'll know you did it correctly if the game places you on an "Achievement Platform" after getting to the other side. You should be warped to the top of the map on this "Achievement Platform" and be rewarded with 2 seconds of invincibility.

Last edited:
Top Bottom