• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Terrified to go back to weekly

wertyou2

Smash Cadet
I've been there before, everyone is super friendly, but been taking a break from smash for the past month or two due to hilariously low self-esteem and stress leading to both repeated losses, and poor reactions to losses. Want to go back but I'm scared to do so because not only will it be a constant reminder of how ****ty I am at Sm4sh, but I'll just be stressed because I know everyone is so much better (some of the best players in my state play there), and I'll go into the matches expecting to lose, and I'll be annoying everyone because they want to play to get better and I don't see how playing me will be any fun if there's such an obvious skill gap. I'll feel the need to apologize for playing so poorly, they'll say it's okay, I'll keep apologizing, and then they'll get annoyed and want to stop playing even more. Worst of all is I know Im over stressing all this and that they probably all want to play because they're seriously all super cool, but me being me leads to me not wanting to go.

Help? Please? I think I like this game, but it's gotten to the point where I'm terrified to play anyone, and playing people in person who are all insanely good isn't any easier.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
You're actually insanely lucky if the best Smashers in the area go to your weeklies. They are the best possible sparring partners, and you will eventually learn from them and get up to their levels.

Everyone's gotta pay their dues. It took me more tournaments then I'd like to admit to just get out of dead last at my tournaments.

Just focus on the social part. Hang out with everyone, talk, laugh, etc. Don't apologize, we've all been there. Nowhere to go but up. :)

Top Bottom