• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Temporary Lucas Match-Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odaroloc

Smash Cadet
NNID
OriginalRave
I know this sort-of breaks the rules since there's already a sticky thread about MU's, but the OP hasn't unlocked the thread for us to discuss MU's, so I was thinking we use a temporary thread until it's unlocked. I know mods can move posts from one thread to another, so this shouldn't be that big of a deal xD

Without further adieu, let's begin! Since Lucas was released alongside Ryu, we should discuss him first!

:4lucas: vs :4ryu:

Pros:
+ We can play the range game
+ Our Bair can spike him while he uses his Side Special if timed right
+ Easy to combo d-throw into other moves such as utilt and SH nair
+ PK Freeze can edge guard him like a boss
+ Usmash hits twice, so he can't Down Special out of it
+ We can absorb his Hadoken

Cons:
- Easy punishes if we miss a grab
- A missed Usmash means a quick Fsmash
- Floaty jumps can get us meteor smashed easily, since the angle is much more diagonal

I can't really think of any other pros and cons at this point, but honestly, I have yet to lose to a Ryu while playing as Lucas. Our moves just outrank his. Bair is fantastic against Ryu, PK Freeze is fantastic against Ryu. I won't put this MU too high, but it's definitely in Lucas' favor. Maybe 65-35. We just have better tools at our disposal. I'd love to hear from you guys on how you handle Ryu, or if you've faced a Ryu that had some godly combos... because I haven't :p

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Villager main, Lucas secondary here. I feel like Lucas has a better time against Villager than Ness ever did, as he gets all the benefits Ness gets over Villager (small size, kill throws, pocket not being that dangerous) but has less of the downsides (PK Fire hits through the tree and Lloid, often hitting Villager, Magnet being better, harder to pocket gimp due to tether). It also helps that Villager has a pretty crap grab, so the incredible endlag on grab whiffs goes for both characters.

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
He said two weeks, and it has not been 2 weeks.

And our knowledge of MUs is going to be hilariously outdated if it starts early

Last edited:

Odaroloc

Smash Cadet
NNID
OriginalRave
He said two weeks, and it has not been 2 weeks.

And our knowledge of MUs is going to be hilariously outdated if it starts early
I was unaware of this two week notice xD do you guys still want to start these topics, or should I just delete it?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
The official Matchup thread will be opened next week. We wanted to give people more time to accurately look at matchup results instead of just jumping to conclusions in the first few days of release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom