• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teddy's Doodles

Siafega Games

Smash Rookie

Im not sure if this is the appropriate place to post info on my project but I will explain my reasoning and let you judge.

In short, "Teddy's Doodles" is a 2D Side-Scrolling platformer that I am currently working on. The game takes inspiration from "super mario 64" and "super smash bros". This game is a not a competitive fighter. It takes the formula of "SM64" and combines it with the combat of "Super Smash Bros" in a 2D adventure title. I wanted to create a mix of Super Mario 64 and Super Smash Bros and this is the game I chose to make. The game is only 4 weeks into development but It does have a playable demo available to the public uploaded on a secure database(indieDB).

Im here to put my game on the map. I want as much people to know about it.

Check Out Our Website of much more info about our title. You will find an entire index that goes into detail about what is in our title.

In a world drawn on construction paper by a young boy named Theodore, you play as a sprung to life drawing named Teddy. Teddy met the girl of his dreams. However, she lives on the upper side of Easel Town. In order to make his way into the suburbs of Easel Town, he will need to go from one world to the next, collecting precious Power Gems. The more Power Gems he collects, the closer he gets to reaching the woman of his dreams.

GamePlay

In the usual 2D Platformer fashion, you move left and right and jump through areas to traverse on a 2D plane. However, there have been some adjustments and tweaks to the formula. Players have access to a robust moveset designed to bring depth and new life to the 2D platformer genre.

Double Jump

The Double jump is a very useful tool, allowing you to reach places that weren't possible before. In order to perform the double jump, you simply press the jump button while in the air. You can only perform one double jump in the air. You must land before you can do another one.

Dive

The Dive is a very useful tool that throws your momentum far forward. It can help clear large gaps that otherwise would be impossible to make. Its also a great tool for getting from place to place in quick manner. Would be extremely useful for speed runners. The dive can only be performed while in the air. You simply press the dive button.

Momentum Triple Jump

The momentum triple jump is a very good tool that allows you to reach higher places that you could not reach before. The momentum triple jump is uses your running momentum to jump higher. In order to perform this move, you must constantly be running while on the ground. Thats the first step. You perform a jump while running. Once you land you have a small window to perform a second jump(this jump going higher than the previous jump), once you land again, you have a small window to perform a third jump(this jump going higher than the previous jump). Once you master this, you will be able to reach different parts of Worlds that you never even knew was possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom