• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Technical Use of Kirby's Uair

BardN64

Smash Rookie
Is there a practical application to this move?

I've found it risky at best as a situational deterrent, and some have suggested it could be used to string together a combo, but I feel like this would only work at high percentages on the opponent due to Uair's animation lag. In other words, other moves would be superior at what it accomplishes.

BardN64

Smash Rookie
Huh! That's pretty cool, I'll have to try it out. Does the move have set knockback? Good games at SOA, by the way!

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Is there a practical application to this move?

I've found it risky at best as a situational deterrent, and some have suggested it could be used to string together a combo, but I feel like this would only work at high percentages on the opponent due to Uair's animation lag. In other words, other moves would be superior at what it accomplishes.
it can be combo'd with if you z cancel the uair. I believe i saw kero do this in a match at SOA i think it was utilt from the ground to uair landing on the side platform to f-smash. I think i heard the commentator say he learned it from @Soto

Last edited:

BardN64

Smash Rookie
Cool, I'll have to check out the video. I wonder if electing not to z-cancel changes the move's application, too.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Cool, I'll have to check out the video. I wonder if electing not to z-cancel changes the move's application, too.
considering there is some extensive landing lag on kirbys upair i doubt there's much application to that. I believe there is an extra hitbox if u dont z-cancel but i dont think that matters much

D

Deleted member

I heard to never use it. There's always a better attack as the hitbox is so small.

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
once i up-aired someone along the left side of dreamland & it connected 8 times or so...

up-air to d-air off the edge sounds cool.

Last edited:

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
FF Uair to Up B is a 0 to death

Also, if you land it vs Falcon is a 99% confirmed stock, if he jumps you can nair him and if he fast Falls you can dtilt lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom