• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teching confusion

VXVXVX

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to tech confusion? My friend has been arguing that it can be done and says it makes Mewtwo bad versus experienced players but haven't seen anyone tech confusion

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Is it possible to tech confusion? My friend has been arguing that it can be done and says it makes Mewtwo bad versus experienced players but haven't seen anyone tech confusion
You can second jump, attack, or air dodge out of it freely. Infact, against some players, I'd downright say it's just unsafe to follow it up.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
You can tech it, but the timing can be a little hard, just like teching out of Flame Choke. There's certain characters who have really good responses immediately out of it, but if you make it happen, it's guaranteed followups.

Confusion forces targets into tumble. As you know if you get hit by any other move and get launched, you'll start tumbling after hitstun has worn off, and you can either tech once you're close enough to a surface, or act out of tumble. Confusion is no different, but due to its low hitstun, targets enter tumble nearly immediately, meaning they'll probably elect to act to avoid a follow-up rather than wait and tech. I havent tried it yet but maybe fastfallers like Sheik and Greninja are better off teching?

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Against good players always shield after confusion. Wait for the player to pick between jump attack or nothing and act accordingly.

Top Bottom