• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tech grabbin

i was playin ssbb yesterday against cpus. when they grabbed me i pressed a accidentally and broke free! i was amazed it actually exists. its probably a glitch in the game but it HAPPENED! i was in my 100%s so it couldnt have been me mashin the controller. unfortunately it was over 3 min long so i couldnt save it. it was in the middle of final destination so theres no other explanation but that tech grabbin exists. i dont no how 2 upload utube videos anyway so i wouldnt b able 2 show u guys even if i did save it but i CAN say this much "chaingrabbin will not b a problem if this gets out"

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
i was playin ssbb yesterday against cpus. when they grabbed me i pressed a accidentally and broke free! i was amazed it actually exists. its probably a glitch in the game but it HAPPENED! i was in my 100%s so it couldnt have been me mashin the controller. unfortunately it was over 3 min long so i couldnt save it. it was in the middle of final destination so theres no other explanation but that tech grabbin exists. i dont no how 2 upload utube videos anyway so i wouldnt b able 2 show u guys even if i did save it but i CAN say this much "chaingrabbin will not b a problem if this gets out"
Let me guess, you were near the ledge. Old...really old...turns out it's just a terrain glitch like in Melee.

PS: look into walk grabbing, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by Mario's increased grab range when you cancel the first step into a grab.

judge judy, it was in the MIDDLE of final destination. theres no other explanation but that it exists. i didnt hit the cpu either. that 'thing' when u hit ur enemy, they take damage but still grab u did NOT happen. i simply pressed a when he grabbed me and he released me immediately. i was in my 100%s so it couldnt have been anything else but a tech

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
try to get a vid of this for proof. Im looking forward to seeing this work. :chuckle:

RawrZ

Smash Rookie
a few people have reported this already, but i have yet to see a vid

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
this is the instant grab break, ppl. it's not new. if u press a or b around the time you get grabbed you'll get out of it. Only problem is the timing is real hard. and this tech goes for all characters.
Yes, but it is still unconfirmed whether or not it is truly terrain-based or not and if it can be used while in a chain grab.

Top Bottom