• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ Tech ] Can Parry

TR33

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pandaguy719
Sup fellow dhd's, forgive me if this has been discussed or existed in a pre-existing thread but I've been using some tech for a while now and while I have seen it be used in other dhd videos I'm not sure if it's implementation is puposeful.
So with that, what I've noticed is that for some short period of time ( after the can has been hit by neutral b ) the can cannot be knocked back and will simply ping forward as per norm. I've punished many brawlers and kept my can in relavent positions againt zoners with this. The can also seems to adopt a property that allows it to sit in place agaisnt enemy projectiles ( i havent labbed wether this is true for all ) making it a good sponge / obstacle.
again though zero labbing here, i have yet to see a move whose property disallowed a can parry but because i havent researched this my information is coming from play experience and feeling around mid games,
I'd also recommend getting good at moving while pinging can as having the can sit in your ( or around )opponent while closing in space and limiting options is a great way to force plays. Happy hunting

Last edited:

TR33

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pandaguy719
I'm and idiot, this should be in the meta / at thread. Can a mod move or delete, I'm not really sure how. Thanks

Dawangthang

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dawangthang
Generally, when the can starts to descend, if a projectile hits it, it will continue to fall forward and take no knockback from the projectile. This will however store the knockback from said projectile the next time you hit it. If you shoot it, it will act as normal. When it is hit like this, all projectiles that hit it will be soaked up. This will invalidate moves like charge shot and shadow ball if they try shooting at it. Think of it as a wall that lasts 10 seconds when it happens.

Top Bottom