• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teams...

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
All right, so I have been wondering about this with teams for awhile. When you are playing and you and your partner are like yeah we are cool. And then when one of you gets really high percentage and you are getting tossed around is it almost worth it just to kill yourself so your partners isn't abused and ends up just getting higher a percent?

Samochan

Smash Master
It's only worth to kill yourself to save your partner from certain death, like not getting back to stage and only if you're on very high % and can't get back to stage youself anyway. Best saves are those that save both people anyway. >.> Unneccesarily killing youself is lost stock. :/

pdk

Smash Lord
you need all the help you can get in teams, there can't be that much benefit to killing yourself instead of just getting where you need to go (especially considering how long it takes to get back in the game after dying)

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Keep your lives. I've won many team games because of staying alive way longer than i should (170%+). Especially if your partner is a better player than you, where it's more beneficial for them to take your lives than you to die off too quickly.

I assume you play Peach, right? Peach is good at staying alive for no reason. Just practice your DI and eventually you'll be staying alive well into the high 100%'s or 200%'s in team games.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I understand what he means, and I once considered the question myself. I think he means if you're at a really high percentage, to the point where you're just getting repeatedly knocked off the stage or in the air and it's basically a 2 on 1 for your partner.

But which scenario is better:
You with 0% and two lives, your partner with 20% and 2 lives, or
You with 170% and three lives, your partner with 70% and 2 lives.

In teams, the more lives the better. The longer you stay alive, the more you can damage your opponents, even if you teammate gets knocked around a bit more than usual. It's all about survival!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd suicide while taking out my opponent. I'd try to shine a guy off the screen or knee him while dying.

Top Bottom