• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teams with Yoshi

SilverBlaze

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to a tourney soon with a friend of mine and we plan on doing doubles. He mains Yoshi, while I main MK and Dedede with a bit of Kirby. Any advice/team strategies? Should I go with MK or Dedede in particular or switch it up depending on the match ups?

D

Deleted member

Both MK and D3 are amazing in teams, i like having MK in my team so i can stock tank(with yoshi), but D3 works too, yoshi can do well aggrsively in teams too.

Since you are MK, help the yoshi by taking the opponent he is less comfortable with.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Play some friendlies with him in teams and see what you're (the team) having trouble with.

If you're having trouble KOing, go Meta Knight.

If you're having trouble surviving, go King Dedede.

Of course, you can change your characters depending on stages/opposing character picks as well.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I can only say, if you do go MK don't use alot of Dsmash when yoshi's nearby. I've had the misfortune of being teamed with MKs who kill me more often than enemies because of Dsmashing when i'm in range. Yoshi's a great stock tank btw, as mentioned.

Top Bottom