• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunting and teabagging

Ratsu48

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1349-7197-9505
I believe there should be servere penalties for people who do that. I know its in the game but it doesn't mean you disrespect your fellow gamer with it.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
There's BM in every single online game. Trying to control it is pointless because they'll just find a different way to disrespect you. The best way to deal with it if it really starts to bother you is to leave and find a different opponent.

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I believe there should be servere penalties for people who do that. I know its in the game but it doesn't mean you disrespect your fellow gamer with it.
That's where the problem lies.

When it comes to Online Games people aren't going to care, or even give it a second thought whether or not they hurt your feelings. If they can do it, they will do it. If they can communicate with you there's going to be several who will abuse that specific feature to mock you, to dish out insults, to tell you they did your mom, and whatever else they can think of. If it's there, they'll abuse it.

I hate disrespectful players as much as the next guy. After all, I'm interested in having fun and not who has the biggest ****.

That's not what Smash, or any other game should be about. They can easily turn something enjoyable into a stressful train wreck especially if you let them get to you. The sad truth is however, is no matter what we do we can't stop these types from appearing.

We can report and block these types of players all day but you will find another eventually. It's also sad to say that the report function is a bit of a joke anyways. If they insult you through tags after the match they can leave with zero risk of punishment since you can only report at the Results Screen. If they taunt and teabag during the match you can report them; however that doesn't guarantee they immediately land in BanLand. I highly doubt it would do any good anyways given how tame the punishment is.

In short, our best option is to just ignore these types. We aren't forced to play against them. Once the match is over find someone else. Don't give them time to insult you through tags. Just leave and find someone more pleasant to Smash against, really.

It's rare, but good people still exist on For Glory. (Although I do feel like they're a dying race there)

Last edited:

MarioSmash64

Smash Rookie
Best advice I can give you is to get good and punish them. I usually hit them with a "gg" message then followed by a "give u da d" and a "c=====3" message after punishing them

Ratsu48

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1349-7197-9505
That's where the problem lies.

When it comes to Online Games people aren't going to care, or even give it a second thought whether or not they hurt your feelings. If they can do it, they will do it. If they can communicate with you there's going to be several who will abuse that specific feature to mock you, to dish out insults, to tell you they did your mom, and whatever else they can think of. If it's there, they'll abuse it.

I hate disrespectful players as much as the next guy. After all, I'm interested in having fun and not who has the biggest ****.

That's not what Smash, or any other game should be about. They can easily turn something enjoyable into a stressful train wreck especially if you let them get to you. The sad truth is however, is no matter what we do we can't stop these types from appearing.

We can report and block these types of players all day but you will find another eventually. It's also sad to say that the report function is a bit of a joke anyways. If they insult you through tags after the match they can leave with zero risk of punishment since you can only report at the Results Screen. If they taunt and teabag during the match you can report them; however that doesn't guarantee they immediately land in BanLand. I highly doubt it would do any good anyways given how tame the punishment is.

In short, our best option is to just ignore these types. We aren't forced to play against them. Once the match is over find someone else. Don't give them time to insult you through tags. Just leave and find someone more pleasant to Smash against, really.

It's rare, but good people still exist on For Glory. (Although I do feel like they're a dying race there)
yeah true, I only own the 3ds version so taunts and teabags kind of bother me there

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
It's only acceptable to repeatedly crouch (teabag I guess, though there is no body left behind so it really isn't teabagging) as Kirby, Puff, and Game and Watch. Anyone else it just looks stupid. Looking dumb is punishment enough.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Taunting is acceptable in some circumstances.
Teabagging just makes the user look dumb. But it's also BM.

Either way, there's no point in getting salty about it. If a player is being a douche about their wins/losses, just block them and move on.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
Find another game, don't worry about that player at all if they're being disrespectful.
Online gaming has been like this for years now.
Since even the beginning, except now it's even more vulgar than before because of the fact that the ability to do so and no punishment is put into place most of the time.
Which worries the morals of mankind every passing day, because being an ass online has been and still is a thing for attention and popularity.

And people wondering why there isn't public voice chat for this game.

Top Bottom