• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Customozation: Another possible step towards Unique gamplay

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Let's jazz things up; Say you can have four buttons for taunts, and you can CUSTOMIZE them to your liking, or make the taunt into a different one you favor, by unlocking NEW taunts. Then what are the odds? You can customize your character, who may be customized in certain clothing or moves, to find yourself building a new feeling for that character to seem unique from others. Every change makes the difference.

One could be a servent Lucario...

One could be a sassy Toon Link...

Maybe one could be a reference towards the character's past.

This, obviously, is looking at it from a non-competitve view, but here's my main belief; to make a game that defines true unique gameplay, even in the smallest spec.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Creating taunts? As in animating them ourselves? Never going to happen. Choosing 4 out of 8 and storing them on your profile is doable. I'd like to be able to unlock taunts, that would be very fun and unnecessary, still fun though.

:phone:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, this sounds like it could be interesting and fun. I was happy when characters got two more taunts in Brawl, enough to choose from and possibly unlock (cause there isn't enough to unlock already :p) would be great. However, this seems like something that would be very low priority for Sakurai and the development team, so while it'd be cool if it was included, I'd be more than fine if it wasn't.

Plus all of Snake's taunts would just be him getting in his box again. :troll:

Ove

Smash Journeyman
It's hard to picture how a custom taunt would work. I think that it's a bit too advanced to let the gamers animate their own taunts. Maybe we will see something like this in the future...

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
It must be limited, if we had full model controls you'd see pelvic thrusting Ganondorfs on Wifi. . . Not that I wouldn't thoroughly enjoy that.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
How many taunts would you be able to choose from?
Well, due to the Wii-U having DLC-compatibility, I'm not too sure. If there's lots of data, maybe there'd be a ton of taunts per character? But you'd be able to set (equip) four different taunts.

Creating taunts? As in animating them ourselves? Never going to happen.

Oh, definatly not. The only animating thing I'd agree on is action figure-like trophies for picture-taking.

Choosing 4 out of 8 and storing them on your profile is doable. I'd like to be able to unlock taunts, that would be very fun and unnecessary, still fun though.

I agree.

Yeah, this sounds like it could be interesting and fun. I was happy when characters got two more taunts in Brawl, enough to choose from and possibly unlock (cause there isn't enough to unlock already :p) would be great.
I'm a player who enjoys the simple things, like trophy collecting and such. I got excited when Pkmn B2 W2 introduced the medal system. I just LOVE collecting things~

However, this seems like something that would be very low priority for Sakurai and the development team, so while it'd be cool if it was included, I'd be more than fine if it wasn't.
Same. I don't actually foresee this as a likely idea, but it's just something to throw out there.

Plus all of Snake's taunts would just be him getting in his box again. :troll:
This.

It's hard to picture how a custom taunt would work. I think that it's a bit too advanced to let the gamers animate their own taunts. Maybe we will see something like this in the future...
Hmm, I didn't really explain how you'd get different taunts... What I envisioned was more like unlocking already made taunts.

We haven't seen Mario do the peace sign in a while, have we?
I'd totally replace the cart-wheel taunt with this taunt.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Something that could work is if you had customizable taunts, but unlockable, and you would be able to choose them in a separate menu, because I feel like animating them would be a bit hard for gamers who don't really know how to do things like that.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Something that could work is if you had customizable taunts, but unlockable, and you would be able to choose them in a separate menu, because I feel like animating them would be a bit hard for gamers who don't really know how to do things like that.
Oh my goodness... I'll update the OP with what I meant.

Top Bottom