• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Canceling

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
I can taunt cancel (off an edge) quite easily but how do you dash back and forth and taunt cancel
(for example on the top of the green **** tent on hyrule)

like how do you guys place ur fingers?

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let go of forwards before the end of an initial dash (The first bit of a dash after you've pressed the controller forwards), and then your character should stop before you go off the edge.

Mekanos

Smash Cadet
When you dash back just press taunt button at the same time you would when going forth. Requires some practice, but since you know how to taunt cancelling, it shouldn't be a problem.

I got' direction' buttons for my left hand and all other buttons for right hand, so it's not hard for me to perform.

Edit: Meow said it right before me, when I was about to post :)

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
You just have to get used to it. Once you find the timing it's easy to stop just at the edge, even if you run at it from a distance.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Taunt cancelling is when you cancel the animation of the taunt with the animation for standing on a ledge. The sound effects will carry on, even though the animation is cancelled.

Mura

Smash Apprentice
Sounds effects don't appear for Kirby and Fox and Samus and Luigi. >_> I think.

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
I can taunt cancel (off an edge) quite easily but how do you dash back and forth and taunt cancel
(for example on the top of the green **** tent on hyrule)

like how do you guys place ur fingers?
why do you have to act all weird and foreignish online? lol

"quite" and "i must say.."

:laugh:

Top Bottom