• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tap Jump DACUS?

Ash_Marks

Smash Rookie
I've got tap jump on because I like how a QDJCUS only takes 4 inputs to do (side > b > up > a). I've been having trouble getting Ike's DACUS consistently, and was wondering if any of you use it? Maybe @ metroid1117 metroid1117 has some input? Thanks!

WhinoTheRhino

Smash Apprentice
Metroid's advice to me was to claw the DACUS. Bring your index finger down to the A button and flick your thumb on the C-Stick for the dash attack. Ever since he gave me that advice I have been doing that and it works well!

metroid1117

Smash Master
I've got tap jump on because I like how a QDJCUS only takes 4 inputs to do (side > b > up > a). I've been having trouble getting Ike's DACUS consistently, and was wondering if any of you use it? Maybe @ metroid1117 metroid1117 has some input? Thanks!
Like Whino said, I claw the DACUS such that I dash attack with my thumb on the C-stick and hit the A for USmash with my index finger. It's not like Ike's DACUS is super-spammable, so the conscious shift in fingering matches the conscious decision to DACUS.

Ash_Marks

Smash Rookie
Like Whino said, I claw the DACUS such that I dash attack with my thumb on the C-stick and hit the A for USmash with my index finger. It's not like Ike's DACUS is super-spammable, so the conscious shift in fingering matches the conscious decision to DACUS.
I've been practicing the same thing, I guess I just gotta get it down. Thanks for the input!

metroid1117

Smash Master
I've been practicing the same thing, I guess I just gotta get it down. Thanks for the input!
The timing is a little tight, IIRC it's a 3-frame window between inputting the dash attack and the USmash. For some reason, I have the most success when I C-stick diagonally down-right and less success when I use other angles. It's just a matter of practice though, you'll get it eventually :).

EDIT: Sorry it's a 2-frame window, thanks to Commander for the correction.

Last edited:

Commander

Smash Ace
The timing is a little tight, IIRC it's a 3-frame window between inputting the dash attack and the USmash. For some reason, I have the most success when I C-stick diagonally down-right and less success when I use other angles. It's just a matter of practice though, you'll get it eventually :).
I think it is 2 frames. It will be a uniform 2 frames for all chars in 3.5 though.

Top Bottom