• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tactics.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Mr.C i don't think you should ever REFRAIN from using the klaw.. if you have the oppertunity for the klaw grab go for it. However.. shield pressure with a spaced fair is all well and good to. You need to mix up your game, but telling people to REFRAIN from something might lead to trouble.
I'm saying refrain from using it so when they actually use it in a situation where it would work the opponent will not expect it....meaning he will most likely DI the throw wrong allowing you to get off an uair or he DI's the back throw wrong making the claw actually worth it instead of just racking up %'s. Fair pressuring helps this out because it will make you're opponent shield more.....more shields = more klaws.

Sorry for saying REFRAIN....but what I really mean is using your klaw less will make it less expected...although this is SSBM and everything is situational...if you're in a situation where the klaw is the best option use it =]

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
The Klaw should be used, its very useful but i'd try to time it properly just like fsmashes so you won't be punished for it.

Fortresshog to Klaw is secks.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Don't get predictable. If you do it everytime you waveland off a platform at Yoshi's Story, people will catch on. Be sporadic.

Rose

Smash Journeyman
f-smash dashgrab attempts. I don't rely on it. But sometimes it happens.

Luke is ****ing awesome. "Don't roll into this!"

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
XD

I hate Falco and Marth so much. They always space my Bowser out with those ******** lasers and tipper attacks. It's hard to get good shots in when you can't time them properly. You guys think it's bad if I gotta use the Fair or Fortress 2-3 times before i can shake them off..?

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
If I'm playing people who can't DI, then the flamebreath is a great mindgame. If I'm playing people that DI, then Fortress out of shield, a little wavedashing (S.L.O.W!), Some jumping and overusing his FAIR attack.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
It's great if the person doesn't know how to get out of it immediately. I've gotten the flames to last all the way to where it's just passed Bowser's nose. How much damage does it do if it lasts that long?

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
XD I know it's an almost useless attack against a decent player.
Not so good players actually can't get out of the flame breath quickly. Heck even the Bowser Bomb works on some of them! A lot of people in my area don't know how to DI, chaingrab or L-canceling. They also don't believe it's possible when they first see fortress hogging >_>
Most of them can short hop and waveash... it's something :laugh:!
I know one Bowser player who's not serious about smash but he has learned all the advanced techs. I think he's used the flamebreath... like 3 times in a year :laugh:

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice
I find I use waveland fair much more than bair. Hmm.. I should try bair out and see how that is.

But yeah, I would say the 3 approaches i use the most by FAR are shuffled fair, hop up to platform -> waveland fair, and dash grab. Those approaches just have the most range =o.

Rose

Smash Journeyman
good approaches? f-smash is very powerful, and moves you forward through repeated uses. Good attack to steadily gain ground. dash-grab is OK I guess. Running at your opponent, jumping, and reverse-Bing behind them is excellent, gets my nephew every time.

also flamebreath has more power and duration if you shout "BLAAAH!" when you use it.

Top Bottom