• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sylux (Metroid) is probably more or less guaranteed

• Thread starter Deleted member 268018
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 268018

For those who don't know who this character is: http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Sylux

So, it's some obscure character you've never heard about. However, there's serious legitimate reason to assume that Sylux will be in Smash Bros Ultimate. I will make my argument.

Sylux is almost certainly the main antagonist for Metroid Prime 4. It's not confirmed, obviously. However, his ship shows up at the end of Metroid Prime 3 tracking Samus, he steals a Metroid Egg at the end of Metroid Federation Force (yes that awful 3DS game), and the guy directing Metroid 4 has an absolute hard-on for Sylux.

source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/17/e3-2015-what-metroid-primes-producer-wants-in-the-next-sequel

"[Sylux's] actually chasing after Samus, and that’s where that game ends," Tanabe said. "There’s still more I want to build around the story of Sylux and Samus. There’s something going on between them. I want to make a game that touches upon [it]."

"I’m also thinking that, in that eventual game between Sylux and Samus that might get made, that I wants to involve the [Galactic] Federation as well," he said. "So it would be a good idea to release a game like Federation Forces to flesh out its role in the galaxy before moving on to that."

So uh, yeah. I think it's pretty confirmed.

So here is what I think will happen. Towards December, they will drop a trailer for Metroid Prime 4, and then have the Sylux reveal for Smash right after. I don't think it'll be played off as some big thing, it'll be like "oh you can even play as this guy in Smash!"

(also I think they're going to sneak in Waluigi as the very last character just before release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom