• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Animania 24/08

PeaCe

Smash Rookie
There was a topic for the other day, so I figure'd I'd create this.

Did anyone compete on the Sunday? I saw Bjay there but he didn't compete, although it was a good day for me and my friends. One friend played as Pit and came first - "Fzone" with the other coming second as Diddy Kong.

I personally made it to the semi-finals before being eliminated by Fzone who's probably the best out of our group of friends and I didn't place any less than first in any other match; casual or otherwise, so I was pretty happy with that result.

Lauf

Smash Apprentice
I was there, but i missed my match since i went off and bought fishballs xD. There was alot of falcos, marths and kirbys on sunday.

Bjay

Smash Lord
yeah I couldn't be bothered, and I wasn't really impressed with the rules.

Who were you PeaCe?

Anyway, hypothetically if I competed, I would have had to pull out anyway, as I lost something and spent a small portion of my time walking everywhere looking for it. In the end, I found it.

Oh and the crappy third party controllers they had, one of them had their Z button not working...

PeaCe

Smash Rookie
I didn't find the rules all that bad, considering it ran a little different to the way it was described on their website; of the four rounds (1, 2, semi-final, final) it was FFA 4 player, 3 stock, 5-7 minute time limit (I think it varied) with one person advancing. The final however was the final two, half damage, cant see %, 5 stock with smash balls on medium and was sorta odd in that respect.

As for the stages, they ran as they said, Pictochat, warioware, corneria and FD. Out of those stages, the only really hazardous one would have to be warioware (which isn't too bad) and didn't prove to be all that game breaking on the day.

"Who were you PeaCe?"

My character? I played Wario in all of my matches.

Top Bottom