• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swords, hedgehogs, and snakes! Oh noes!

FredTHAreD

Smash Cadet
So lately online, the only people I've fought in a with Anyone Match have been Ike, Snake, and Sonic. I'm sure Ike is only picked because of his slow sword not being phased much by lag, and Snake and Sonic because they're Sonic, but usually whoever is picking these characters just suck. Sure, the Ikes will get lucky shots in every now and then, but its no real challenge. Are the people picking these guys over someone they're actually good with? Or do they really just suck that bad?

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
they just suck...REEEAAALLLLY suck...it takes skill to use them right! i see alot of ToonLinx and Pikas 2.

Batofara

Smash Rookie
Pretty much the first post I've made, but this made me want to post since I'm kind of one of the people that would count as the bad online Sonics and it kind of make me feel insulted. :laugh:

It's the lag that usually messes people up, well mainly for Sonics. It's just that they're trying to use their favorite/best character and the lag is messing them up. I can do pretty good with Sonic offline with 3 kills against a computer within 2 minutes, but I can't kill anything online. If they are overusing the specials, then that's when you know they're bad at using him.

For Snake, he might be messed up the lag, too. Don't really think there's a reason to use him if you're bad with him, unless you're a big fan of him.

And for Ike... You know why people pick him. Doesn't seem to really be affected by lag, except that it helps him kind of. I guess they might just be bad at him, or somehow not like the lag either (I liked the lag as Ike, it got be a lot of kills)

FredTHAreD

Smash Cadet
Pretty much the first post I've made, but this made me want to post since I'm kind of one of the people that would count as the bad online Sonics and it kind of make me feel insulted. :laugh:

It's the lag that usually messes people up, well mainly for Sonics. It's just that they're trying to use their favorite/best character and the lag is messing them up. I can do pretty good with Sonic offline with 3 kills against a computer within 2 minutes, but I can't kill anything online. If they are overusing the specials, then that's when you know they're bad at using him.
Yeah, I understand the bit about Sonic's and Lag, thats why I dont use him online. He's only like, my 4th best anyways.

Also, glad the topic made you post, but I'm sorry to have offended you.

When I do use Sonic, I'm usually picking him as a "messing around character". His only benefit online is that his speed will make you pay if you lag, and the unpredictability factor doesnt help. However, when a bad Sonic player is present, you can tell. His attacks are predictable, and he spams forward smash and b moves. If you can't be unpredictable with Sonic, you probably shouldn't be using him, since hes probably the most wild character in the game.

FredTHAreD

Smash Cadet
I use Ike.
He does have an advantage in lag.
But thats not why I pick him.
If you can use Ike better offline, or at least as good offline as online, this isn't really directed to you. Its for those who use Ike online just because of his advantage, or just because other people use him. Then when you get him offline onto an equal playing field, he sucks, because is strategy is solely dependant on the lag online.

Top Bottom