• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swordfighter Patch Notes 1.1.0 - Swordfighter top tier?!

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Figured we might need this.

Some things I noticed

Chakram has way less cooldown, now is an actual useful projectile, since lingering chakram can combo into upsmash/fsmash

Dair no longer spikes, so rip

Blade flurry now connects the last hit as a combo.

EDIT:

Chakram is broken now, combos into Hero's Spin and Blade Flurry as well.

Dair still spikes

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Slow Chakram also combo into slow chakram... it's really broken.
It's also a funny edgeguarding tool, because you just toss it diagonally near the ledge, and you will always be able to throw one out right before the other one vanishes. xDD

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Yeah... made a video.

I think if you had gone for fsmash instead of up B you coulda made it a 0-death

Mii Swordfighter!!!! <3

Also Shuriken of Light is so good!

it can do like 12 damage, at the furthest range, and shoots faster (?) now!

Last edited:

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know how to realibly do a reverse slow Chakram? Because you can actually reset this combo by changing direction at the end of the stage to rack up even more % to get a guaranteed kill. Can't do it realibly enough yet to make a video though...

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Gonna take a guess and say Chakram will be banned from use till this is fixed.
Why would it? It just allows us a combo tool, that Swordfighter didn't have reliably before (since his dthrow upair stops working reliably at mid %s)

I find this to be REALLY good, but definitely not 'ban-worthy'

Also Chakram itself is much more safe on shield, but you CAN still shield it.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Why would it? Because people cry any time a Mii gets something good and cry and cry and cry some more until tournament organizers and ladder hosts get scared and ban the character or neuter them into 50-50 size 1111 moves only.

It happened with Brawler. This will effectively be more 'ammunition' to justify keeping current restrictions on the Miis. Nevermind that we didn't ban Link/Fox/etc. for having similar garbage. Apparently that's okay because...? But this isn't because...?

The inconsistency is staggering.

Anyway, I don't like this being able to set up infinites. That's not fun. This needs to go away as soon as possible if we're going to have any credibility in getting Mii freedom advanced in tournaments.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Why would it? Because people cry any time a Mii gets something good and cry and cry and cry some more until tournament organizers and ladder hosts get scared and ban the character or neuter them into 50-50 size 1111 moves only.

It happened with Brawler. This will effectively be more 'ammunition' to justify keeping current restrictions on the Miis. Nevermind that we didn't ban Link/Fox/etc. for having similar garbage. Apparently that's okay because...? But this isn't because...?

The inconsistency is staggering.

Anyway, I don't like this being able to set up infinites. That's not fun. This needs to go away as soon as possible if we're going to have any credibility in getting Mii freedom advanced in tournaments.
It's not an infinite. It only works if you're small mii brawler, first off, and with characters that have low traction, to a certain %.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Well, that's good to know. Probably need to get that info out to the wider public though because they're going to see 'justification to keep banning' when they watch that video.

Robert J King

Smash Rookie
I find this awesome and yet ironic. Is this because of Lloyd becoming a costume? Blade Flurry is now Sword Rain and Chakram is now Ray Thrust and Ray Satellite. Perhaps the butterknife days are over?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I find this awesome and yet ironic. Is this because of Lloyd becoming a costume? Blade Flurry is now Sword Rain and Chakram is now Ray Thrust and Ray Satellite. Perhaps the butterknife days are over?
Sakurai released 3 mii fighter costumes

He's gonna have to make him viable somehow, so people can buy him

Lmao

Raijinken

Smash Master
Side B 1 has always been Tempest, and aerial down B 3 is Rising Falcon. I made a Wonder Chef Mii that I was using until the Lloyd costume was added, too.

Either way, I'm hoping to start seeing some real Swordfighter play (and legality, for that matter).

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Grounded Down B 3 is Sonic Thrust and Up B 1 can work as Heavy Tiger Blade.

ChoppedLightning

Smash Rookie
Ok, I was a fan of Swordfighter and Gunner since the game came out, but seeing this makes me reconsider everything about its customs. Right now my setup is 2111, and I'm wondering what (if anything) I should change.

I have standard 2 because it makes a decent wall actually. I have side 1 for recovery and style :p (it feels like it charges faster, is it just me?) I have up 1 because it spikes at ANYTIME and it's a HUGE threat for edge guarding, and I have down 1 because I <3 counters. Should I change anything?

EDIT: Side 1 feels like it charges faster after the patch, if I confused anyone.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Ok, I was a fan of Swordfighter and Gunner since the game came out, but seeing this makes me reconsider everything about its customs. Right now my setup is 2111, and I'm wondering what (if anything) I should change.

I have standard 2 because it makes a decent wall actually. I have side 1 for recovery and style :p (it feels like it charges faster, is it just me?) I have up 1 because it spikes at ANYTIME and it's a HUGE threat for edge guarding, and I have down 1 because I <3 counters. Should I change anything?

EDIT: Side 1 feels like it charges faster after the patch, if I confused anyone.
It has faster startup, yes

Also, a lot of tournament allow only 1111/2222/3333, so personally use 3333, since it has Hero's Spin (jab jab up B is sexy) and it's a good recovery.

Chakram (hehehehee.......)

Blade Flurry (great for recovery, like Marth's SB, and does about half shield damage if fully charged. last hit also finally connects as combo <3)

Power thrust (good for surprise edgeguards, and is a decent mixup approach option xD)

Top Bottom