• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sword Spin techniques?

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering if something like that is possible. Like using the Sword Spin during your wavedash or wavedashing out of it somehow? I imagine the lag is too much, but currently I don't have anything to play Smash on so I can't try it myself. Also, does an aerial Sword Spin always go up? Is there a way to get it to "float" or fall while doing it in the air?

Bane

Smash Journeyman
Not that I know of, though my wave-dashing is far from profficient. As for his triple jump, though you do have a good dbit of sway over the latter part of his recovery, the initaial thrust will always force you upwards, making hovering or decending impoosible as far as I know.

Metà

Smash Master
Spinhog anyone? Run the the ledge, then spin as you approach it, and you should slide off the edge while spinning horizontally. There are many ways of doing this and some weird properties like sound effects being cut and whatnot, but I don't feel like going into detail. Try it yourself and experiment with it.

Laijin

Smash Hero
spinhogging is alright. But it takes alot of practice to do consistently. And its not all too useful. The only reason you'd ever need to grab the edge is while recovering or edgehogging. And neither of those would make spinhogging useful.
If your using it while your opponent is on the stage next to you..then thats not too smart. >__> YL has horrible knockback in his moves already. Trying to get back onto the stage would be hard enough.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Pull bomb, throw bomb up, up+b on ground, crouch cancel bomb when it hits you, up+b again... Two up+b's for the win! =]

What I like to do against Fox's and Falco's is goto the edge as much as I can, get them stuck in an up+b, and DI towards the edge... After like half way through or 3/4th through the up+b, you should go into an edge hog, and if it's timed right, they'll get thrown off the stage in a downward angle. Falco's rarely make it back on, due to the fact you're edge hogging, and Fox's are just easy to edge guard =]

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
Pull bomb, throw bomb up, up+b on ground, crotch cancel bomb when it hits you, up+b again... Two up+b's for the win! =]

What I like to do against Fox's and Falco's is goto the edge as much as I can, get them stuck in an up+b, and DI towards the edge... After like half way through or 3/4th through the up+b, you should go into an edge hog, and if it's timed right, they'll get thrown off the stage in a downward angle. Falco's rarely make it back on, due to the fact you're edge hogging, and Fox's are just easy to edge guard =]
that is cool

Metà

Smash Master
Pull bomb, throw bomb up, up+b on ground, crouch cancel bomb when it hits you, up+b again... Two up+b's for the win! =]

I believe this was demonstrated in "Wak's Ultimate Killing Combos", but I don't think it's as simple as you make it sound. During the grounded Spin, you have no control over your character whatsoever; you mentioned 'DI', but DI refers to controlling which direction your character goes after being hit. I can't do this consistently, but I'm pretty sure it's just luck; if you're standing close enough to the ledge, Falco's 'stage/character interaction boxes' (as I call them) will push you just a little off of the edge. If you have a way of pulling this off without luck, please share your knowledge.

**Note: The stage/character interaction boxes I mentioned are diamond shaped boxes in the center of the character. These determine when you land on the ground, hit a wall, ceiling, get close enough to the ground to tech, pushing items/characters, and many other things. These boxes change based on the positions the character takes. I have extensive knowledge about these little game mechanics due to my many, many hours spent screwing around with the debug menu in AR. If you have any questions about little game mechanic details or you're unsure about frame counts or anything, PM me and I'll send you a response as soon as I can.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
What I usually do is roll towards the edge, so I know I'm as close to at as I can be, then up+b, and pressed towards the direction of the edge. Usually works =] It's also dependent on your opponent's DI though, as they can get out of your up+b, or they can DI in a different direction.

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
Spinhog anyone? Run the the ledge, then spin as you approach it, and you should slide off the edge while spinning horizontally.

You shouldn't really spin hog cuz it could lead to you fall off the stage resulting in you losing a stock.

Evil_MARIO

Smash Rookie
Yea no ones ever gonna have time to use that in a fight.
I agree you will have no time to set up a triple spin or anything compicated since you will have a person charging at you all the time.:ohwell:
If you try it good luck, but theres no use.;)

Top Bottom