• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Switching the C-Stick to Tilts, a must.

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
I've had the c-stick set to Smash forever... until recently. A few weeks ago I decided to learn how to play with Ganondorf. I spent about 4-5 hours a day for about a week just trying to figure out what works for Ganon. After reading some tips, best idea was to switch the c-stick to tilts instead of smash attacks for Ganon. And it taught me to play patiently and time the tilts perfectly because Ganon's tilts work just as great as any other character's Smash's.

Some here on the Wario forum have suggested it to me but I tried before and it didn't feel effective. But the last 3 days I've found that my Wario has improved 200% just adding in f-tilt now. Between edge guarding and rollers, it's been very effective. My play against really good players has improved and I don't think I've done a ground smash attack really in the last few days unless I accidentally did a f-smash that was supposed to be a quick dash.

It's really helped my overall close range game because initially I was only trying to use d-smash because f-smash was too risky against fast characters like Diddy, Captain, Sheik, Fox.

And the fact f-tilt can kill most characters at 100%, it's an easy decision. I will post videos of how my play looked before when I didn't utilize f-tilt, and after and you can notice a huge difference.

Last edited:

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
I don't think this is necessary or the optimal way to play wario. You might want to consider going back and practicing your tilts the traditional way.

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
I don't think this is necessary or the optimal way to play wario. You might want to consider going back and practicing your tilts the traditional way.
My bread and butter for building damage is grabbing, chomping or biking. Before my up close attacks were d-smash and u-smash every now and then but u-smash was harder to time because if you didn't hit it perfectly the aerials would cancel it out.

An f-tilt at 100% can kill almost every character in the game. Almost a guarantee at 115%. Even when I had smash attacks with c-stick I only used down-c more than anything because f-smash takes way too long to develop against fast characters leaving me open and vulnerable to hits.

SoundChow

Smash Apprentice
I've had the c-stick set to Smash forever... until recently. A few weeks ago I decided to learn how to play with Ganondorf. I spent about 4-5 hours a day for about a week just trying to figure out what works for Ganon. After reading some tips, best idea was to switch the c-stick to tilts instead of smash attacks for Ganon. And it taught me to play patiently and time the tilts perfectly because Ganon's tilts work just as great as any other character's Smash's.

Some here on the Wario forum have suggested it to me but I tried before and it didn't feel effective. But the last 3 days I've found that my Wario has improved 200% just adding in f-tilt now. Between edge guarding and rollers, it's been very effective. My play against really good players has improved and I don't think I've done a ground smash attack really in the last few days unless I accidentally did a f-smash that was supposed to be a quick dash.

It's really helped my overall close range game because initially I was only trying to use d-smash because f-smash was too risky against fast characters like Diddy, Captain, Sheik, Fox.

And the fact f-tilt can kill most characters at 100%, it's an easy decision. I will post videos of how my play looked before when I didn't utilize f-tilt, and after and you can notice a huge difference.
This sounds like a good idea. I find myself using forward smash and down smash too much and not using f-tilt enough, which is a really good kill option.

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
This sounds like a good idea. I find myself using forward smash and down smash too much and not using f-tilt enough, which is a really good kill option.
I can kill some characters with f-tilt from the other side of the map at about 100-110%. Just as effective as an f-smash in that instance.

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
Sounds like you're learning a lot, but I don't think the c stick was necessary for what you've accomplished. It may have helped direct you, but it could be good to learn the same tactics without, to help you become more precise with the rest of your controls.

I feel like the way you're using the c stick right now is just to allow yourself to remain "sloppy" with your movements.

V00D00STEVE

Smash Rookie
Sounds like you're learning a lot, but I don't think the c stick was necessary for what you've accomplished. It may have helped direct you, but it could be good to learn the same tactics without, to help you become more precise with the rest of your controls.

I feel like the way you're using the c stick right now is just to allow yourself to remain "sloppy" with your movements.

This, i recently picked up wario and first thing i did was change my c-stick to tilts it took about an hour before i switched back for pretty much the same reason as stated above my over all control of my controls was sloppy as hell but if it works for you keep it up

Top Bottom