• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Switching characters

extremelotus

Smash Cadet
I've been playing pit ever since brawl, and now that smash 4 is here, I still pick him. But I have a problem. Every now and then when playing pit, I'll tend to have a wandering eye (looking and checking out other characters) and when I switch to a new character, I'll feel like "oh this character is so meant for me because I choose him) but two weeks in, I'll realize how good I was with pit and how he's the guy I really wanna play. I basically have a tendency of switching characters, then going back to my true main every time. Has anybody had this problem like me? And how do you stop it

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
You're not alone in the matter. I'm the same with Shulk: He's always my main but I always have at least 1-3 other co-mains alongside him.

Ever since release I've tried to/have mained the following characters other than Shulk: :4mario::4link::4sonic::4megaman::4lucina::4littlemac::4bowserjr::4falcon::4pit::4marth::4robinf::4myfriends::4villager::4luigi::4pikachu::4dk::4drmario::4falco::4fox::4darkpit::4sheik::4pacman::4zss:

My personal remedy is don't stop going through new characters as the majority of the cast isn't very complicated to learn and play (actually from my list only like 4 take character-specific knowledge including Shulk). Not only will you be able to achieve success with Pit (or whoever else you eventually settle on), but you'll have the general knowledge to beat the other characters since you know their moves and strategies.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
It doesn't hurt to have a few characters you're good with, infact it's beneficial incase you're not good or knowledgeable about a certain match up with a character you use. I main Sonic, but I'm also good with Falcon, Lucina, Pikachu and (Toon) Link. I do have other characters I like to use too but those are usually my go to ones, whether it be for counters or just to have fun. I just find it makes the game more fun, so if you're enjoying yourself, why stop it?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I dual main Pit and Palutena, but every so often, I'll try out somebody new. I have a propensity for Lucina, Robin, Ganondorf and Shulk in particular right now, though it changes every so often, depending on my mood and preferences at the time.

That's totally fine. If you want to play more characters, do - I think it's better to get a solid grounding in multiple characters and cover your bases for any possibilities.

Top Bottom