• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

switch directions mid air/ up tilt

kenii28

Smash Rookie
Can someone answer my two questions please? I'm new to SSB4 and wanna get better!
ive seen ZSS run off a platform switch directions and shoot their guns or use the plasma whip and it happens really fast. i wanna learn how to do it. i see people doing it without jumping off a platform as well. like just double jump then glide backwards while charging up the plasma gun.
Also is there an easy way to perform an up tilt? i always seem to jump when i tilt the analog stick up.
Thank you!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Can someone answer my two questions please? I'm new to SSB4 and wanna get better!
ive seen ZSS run off a platform switch directions and shoot their guns or use the plasma whip and it happens really fast. i wanna learn how to do it. i see people doing it without jumping off a platform as well. like just double jump then glide backwards while charging up the plasma gun.
NeutralB (Paralyzer): Your timing isn't quick enough. Change direction BEFORE Samus charges the gun.

SideB (Da Whip): Seems like you're new to Smash overall, because reverse SideBs have been around since Melee. Just perform it the opposite direction.

Also, you don't glide, you just fall slower. Gliding is exclusive to 3 characters and only in Brawl and Project M.

Also is there an easy way to perform an up tilt? i always seem to jump when i tilt the analog stick up.
Thank you!
Set Tap Jump to off in Settings->Controls (you need to create a name first)

Last edited:

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
NeutralB (Paralyzer): Your timing isn't quick enough. Change direction BEFORE Samus charges the gun.

Also, you don't glide, you just fall slower. Gliding is exclusive to 3 characters and only in Brawl and Project M.
I think the "glide" kenii could be referring to is when you flick the stick in the opposite direction immediately AFTER pressing B to perform a Neutral Special attack but reverse your momentum as seen in DeLux's "Landing with ZSS" video.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think the "glide" kenii could be referring to is when you flick the stick in the opposite direction immediately AFTER pressing B to perform a Neutral Special attack but reverse your momentum as seen in DeLux's "Landing with ZSS" video.
I really should think about watching that video. I never have the time because of college and ZSS training

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Might consider watching it in my next break. It could (and by could, I mean will) be useful.
I really can recommend you to watch every single video Delux has released about ZSS. It's highly informative and it's about things that aren't obvious. Like, things you never would think of yourself.

Last edited:

kenii28

Smash Rookie
thank you so much guys! i appreciate your help. im gonna go watch that vid @ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever mentioned. its half an hour but im sure ill get a lot better just by watching it! ^.^

Top Bottom