• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF! Help me!

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=4988]SWF! Help me![/drupal]

For starters, nothing really crappy is going on in my life just a ton of little things adding up to this bout of depression.

My roommate/bestfriend moved out of our apartment due to scholarship issues at our school. (He's still paying rent till I find someone to pick up his part of the lease, so I'm okay there.)

My parents moved this summer about 4 hours from where we used to live/where my girlfriend lives/where all of my best friends through highschool live.

I did some stupid stuff in school last semester and dropped my GPA into the high 2's and am borderline to losing my scholarship now.

I can't whistle...

My parents are always on my case even though I'm a good student and I rarely do anything really wrong.

I'm really not sure what to do anymore... I find myself endlessly browsing swf even though it bores me too and I can't find a way to cope with the depression.\ I don't have a whole lot of friends that I actually trust, and as an engineer with mostly engineer friends, even those that I do are busy with other work when I'm not.

So swf, can someone just give me some words of encouragement or tell me that I need to get my act together or just general advice to get over this?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Purse your lips and blow softly.

Now that you've learned to whistle: actually do (or don't do) whatever it was that's making you nearly lose your scholarship. Since you haven't lost it yet and are bored, now seems like a good time to see to it that you don't.

And when you're done with that: Take the best tips you've got from SWF, drag your console and smash game of choice into the nearest campus lounge and play it with whoever's a big enough sucker to have been there trying to do something even lamer at the same time as you. Do not let yourself feel weird for doing so: that's how cool kids are born.

Your parents suck, now that you don't live with them and have no idea what's going on with your life: you have permission to ignore them when they whine at you about nothing. Drag your old friends and girlfriend up to visit your SW33T BACH7|-|3LOR P@D because you're obviously bored without your roommate around as a dependable person to hang with.

Throw rocks at birds.

Read MSpaint Adventures.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
OH FUUUU-

I forgot about Homestuck!

Thanks for the advice though, I've been feeling better since I wrote this and I think I can channel some of this into studying a little harder than I was.

Top Bottom