• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Global Rules Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
Let's show our everlasting appreciation for this outstanding document of ethical smashboarding, and the fair and just civil servants who enforce these rules.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I would like to express my deepest thanks to Virginitis and Nubreon. I truly believe that their genuine, everlasting kindness and clever insight provide for us an environment that is conducive to both learning and expressing our ideas as smashers within such a diverse and well-maintained community.

Laijin

Smash Hero
The SWF rules are to keep these boards fair, clean and safe for all the high schoolers and kids that come here. I feel as if a innocent kid watched daytime television daily or even walked outside, their little heads would be consumed with much more filth and garbage than what they find on smashboards. Its a good thing smashboard's rules are super safe and keeps all the filth out of here. If only other gaming boards were this safe(Dust loop, Zaibatsu, SRK). We have the best mods ever.

Pi

Smash Hero
I think we should all mindlessly obey the rules set before us, because they were obviously thought out to include every possible exception, situation, and shift in the community. None of which has changed since the implementation of these rules.

And really, who wants to use common sense, reason, and judgment when you can simply be told what to do.

If we were to ignore these rules, or fail to report a post which breaks them, fragile minds could be scarred forever. Bad behaviors could be encouraged, and genuine anarchy could rise within the site, and not far off, the world itself.

I for one refuse to live in a world were like minded people could make decisions that could be viewed as offensive without first consulting a set of rules which should guide our posts, and really our life in general.

I'm glad the curse filter shades my eyes from these harmful pixels arranged in a fashion to portray 'bad' words.

I'm glad pictures displaying attractive women in less than formal clothing are immediately taken care of as well.
Nobody wants to see that. As far as I'm concerned that filth should be excluded from the internet, TV, and beaches should have a strict 80% body coverage law, so as to not offend or scar the minds of socially acceptable and mature individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom