• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF and stuff I do on it

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Link to original post: [drupal=1182]Yet another random blog![/drupal]

Well, I'm really bored so I'm going to make a blog concerning SWF amd what I do on here. It seems like this will be extremely un-ineteresting, and if you're thinking this, then you're probably right. So, here I go.

I joined back in June I believe, when I was just a little n00b, getting my first experiances on a forum this size. It was pretty cool to me at first, there's so much to do on here it's ridiculous. At first I just went on the now long gone Friend Finder and just looked around on certain Character Boards, reading guides and not posting anything with substance. That...got boring really fast. Nothing happened for a while on here for me, I just would go on for a bit and read random threads and try to help when I could.

Well, I noticed this is changing. I started realizing stuff that is important if you want to prosper in a community like this, small things. One of them of course is post-count. People may not like to admit it but when you look at posts, you usually look at the post-count/join date. As an 08'er, I always try to act properly and attempt to bring up the negative thoughts that most people have on us. It's weird really, going around and sometimes being afraid of posting somewhere because your post count or join date. Anyway, I felt the need to heighten my post count and set a goal for myself as to how many times I post daily. I chose 10, it's not that high of a number and would get my post count up nicely in a few months. While it was initially easy for me to achieve this, I have recently found that it is hard for me to get even five posts daily. I looked at the threads/boards I post in:

-Draw With Your Power
-Tactical Boards
-General Brawl Discussion
-Pool Room

I usually get around 5 posts without feeling as though I'm spamming and not really contributing to anything. Now, one thing most people on here do is go to Character Boards. Me? No, I never go to those places. I have characters I use, but when you go to the character's board...it's almost as if you get turned off with that character. Most people notice this, certain boards have certain feels to them. It just so happens that there are no character boards that I like being in. They have to give of this vibe, you know? It's frustrating, I'll tell myself that I'm going to go to the 'XXX' boards and post, and then I get there and start reading the posts and feel like a total outsider. I have no idea why I do this, and I know it would be beneficial for me and my game to visit the character boards more often.

At this point I become interested in Brawl+ and I look around those threads. It's total chaos to me, there's so much "No, have it this way!" and "Yeah, have a code for this!" I'm not bashing Brawl+ or anything, I'm just saying it really drives me away from me posting there since I have no idea what's going on. So now, I really don't know. I dropped my main and secondary, and have no idea where to start from now. I say to myself, "I'll go post in the Shiek boards, I kinda like using Shiek." and then I get there and I just get bored of Shiek. It makes no sense to me. I told myself that I would eventually find a character I like, a character that has a good board, a character that I won't get bored of. Who is this character? I have no idea, and I plan on at least trying to find it. If not, I'll help n00bs in the GBD as usual.

bobson

Smash Lord
That was extremely uninteresting.

Except the post count bit, which bugged me: no one intelligent will judge you based on your post count. In fact, having tons of posts with a recent join date will reflect more on you as yet another random spammer than a contributer. I respect the lurker who only posts when he has something worthwhile to say far more than the "contributer" with 1000+ posts of nothing important.

Top Bottom