• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sweetspotting the knee

Kino

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I recently took up Cfalcon as my main and im enjoying him a lot. i loved him in melee but mained dr mario. Anyway, im quickly progressing very well with him and im getting in some sweet combos and my best ssbb friend (who plays mario) is having a hard time against me, soon i will start beating him again like i can with Lucario.

But one thing is holding me back. I cant sweetspot the Knee consistently. Does anyone know the actual timing? if i knew how to hit with it i could just practice it. but i dont. how does it work? does only my knee have to hit? or the other way round? or does my knee have to hit a certain area of there body? please can someone explain?

Also. i know this has been covered in a lot of other topics. but what is the best way to edgehog with Falcon, i mainly jump and grab because the dash to the edge and turn around way is very difficult with a guy so fast. in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbC3P-GQtjg
The falcon at 3:58 gets by the edge and does a b-move (im not sure which) to grab the edge instantly. is it downb? i havnt tried down b.

thanks alot for the help guys.

The-Hobo

Smash Rookie
Heya. I main Captain Falcon too, and recently I figured it out :p *feels noobish*

I've noticed that sweet spotting the knee has NOTHING to do with connecting at a specific part of the knee, like other moves (i.e. marth's sword sweet spot is the tip). So when you chase someone with your knee, and press forward+a then try and get it to touch the opponent and hope it sweetspots, that won't work. In fact, its more to do with timing. What you do is you press forward+ a RIGHT when you're near them. After trying it out today, it worked way better and I killed my friend with two knees (but only because he was shocked that I managed to do it twice in a row ;p)

Awesome vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHMKPOslGUQ

Edit: Quoted from the youtube vid comments:
it has to 'done within a 5 frame sweetspot', which makes sense. In other words, you have to hit the guy within the first few frames of the knee, so its better to use it when you're right next to someone. I like kneeing people in the head.

Kino

Smash Cadet
thanks alot for that link man.
one thing to add one what you said was you need some air between the knee and the floor. so you cant knee too late. thanks alot man

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
Yeah there isen't really a sweetspot for it, it's more of a sweet-timing. I think the hitbox goes all the way from his chest down to his shin if you do it right, so that's not an issue. The main thing is pulling it out really late because it's only an electric knee if you hit them right when it comes out.

Top Bottom