• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sweetspot on the dair?

BlackYoshi7

Smash Apprentice
I can just not get the exact timing down on the dair just fooling around in training to sweet spot it. What part of Zelda am I trying to hit them with for the sweetspot? It doesn't seem to be her heel for some reason. Also, does this move only sweetspot in the air?

Iris

Smash Ace
For me, mid- calf or shin works best, but timing plays a part too.

Nyagamun

Smash Rookie
The sweet spot on dair is a LOT bigger compared to bair/fair, so it's a lot easier to sweet spot...but keep in mind that even a non sweet spot will probably throw the opponent off enough that it will cost them a stock.

and yes, it can only sweet spot against an opponent that's already in the air (can also sweet spot against shields...but you wouldn't want to be dairing against a grounded opponent anyway)

SMBEffect

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I don't find myself sweetspotting her Dair very often, unless I see a good oppurtunity in the air. As long as you use it in the air when necessary, you should be fine.

FinalKai

Smash Apprentice
Home: New Jersey, College: USC (Los Angeles)
The timing of the Dair is pretty much exactly the moment that she thrusts her foot downwards...but the opponent should be in the location of the mid-calf or shin when you execute it as Iris said.

I really really really like this move...and try to use it whenever I can...

I mostly implement it in my edge guarding game...but only against opponents who are either even or below the stage as they recover...i really don't try to use it much on enemies who are above the stage...it's kinda pointless to do so cause they'll just hit the ground instead of falling to their deaths

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Dair kills are bomb. I've only gotten two and both were in 4 player FFA's but still. It's so awesome when you get one.

As for the sweetspot, It's only effective during the time she thrusts her foot down and when I use it I've been aiming like when the opponent is in the middle of Zelda. I'm not sure if that's the sweetspot, you might wanna try Iris and FinalKai's.

DinsSpammer

Smash Rookie
If you want to just practice getting the sweetspot down before attempting to spike off the stage, I find that Dtilt spamming until they are popped into the air, then jumping and dair'ing works well.

Top Bottom