• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swatting Projectiles

IzE

Smash Cadet
Gordo's, fireballs, and...lemons?

Our enemies are equipped with an arsenal of pesky objects, but are some projectiles worth tackling with our moveset in a given situation?
  1. What is the projectile?
  2. Is it used aggressively? Passively? Both?
  3. What is the hit lag on clanking with said projectile?
  4. Will it become predictable and be used against you?
Their are many compounding questions dealing with projectiles that can be asked and would be better left in the discussions of individual character match ups, but I would like to hear some methodology at combating such pressure tools that will collide against our blades for our benefit. An easy example would be projectiles that everyone can reflect such as Gordo, but I would like to see what can be uncovered by examining our moveset a bit further.

Gordo
  • Passive and aggressive.
  • Can be reflected.
  • Varies in height and speed.
Jab vs Tilt vs Smash vs Aerial vs Shield vs Special???

Other notable examples would be greninja's shuriken or link's boomerang.

Last edited:

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
I'm pretty sure Jab takes care of lotsa things!
I can test sometime tomorrow

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
Delete this please, got my answer already and doesn't contribute to discussion.

Last edited:

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Jabs are pretty much the staple of swatting projectiles, while a good spaced F-Air can also defuse a bad situation. Shielding seems to be the most useful when you do not have time to swat a projectile, or if that projectile is huge and cannot be swatted for some reason. I don't see many of the specials swatting projectiles unless if you wanted to counter, but then you would be vulnerable due to the ending lag.

Top Bottom