• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swallowcide research

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
"Swallowcide" is the act of catching someone with King Dedede's Inhale and plummeting into the bottom blast zone together. As of Smash 3DS and Wii U a swallowcided opponent will typically die after King Dedede does, meaning that you should avoid using this technique when both players are on their last stocks because you will lose as a result of it.

From my testing there is one exception, however.

Characters that die at the same time as King Dedede:
  • R.O.B.
Characters that force King Dedede to die first:
  • Everyone else.
Untested:
  • Miis of various parameters.
Conclusion: feel free to swallowcide all of those pesky R.O.B. users in last-stock scenarios, because for some arbitrary reason R.O.B. is the only character that will make the game go to Sudden Death (which under most tournament rules grants the initiator of the suicude rule (i.e. King Dedede) the victory).

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The suicide rule wasn't very widespread for the last few years, and Smash 4 hasn't shown any necessity for using one.

Regardless, that fact sure is neat....

ShayminKeldeo421

Smash Rookie
Although the traditional Swallowcide doesn't work, you can spit them underneath the maps, seeing as most characters can't recover from underneath.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
You don't have to suicide. You can just go all the way down to the bottom of the screen, spit them out and get back to the ledge. This strategy works well only against certain characters, but if I swallow a character next to the edge, I always do this since it sets up an edge guard situation, and there is a chance they will mess up their recovery.
The characters I have had a lot of success with this are: Little mac (almost guaranteed death), fox, falco, shulk, lucina, marth, ike, donkey kong, bowser, and ganondorf.
Spitting people out under the stage works better, but I find that I don't get this opportunity as often.

Top Bottom