• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome book.

I hate reading but this book was awesome.

Everyone needs to read it because it was insanely good.

Seriously, go ****ing read it it's amazing

Scidadle

Smash Champion
K.

It's about a guy from a religious cult that 10 years ago a lot of the members committed a mass suicide and ever so slowly the rest of the cult is killing themselves.
At the very beginning of the book he's in a plane in which he hijacked and he is telling his life story on this plane in which he is flying until it hits the the ground. (not a spoiler thats given to you at the start).

There's a lot more about it, seriously pick it up, check it out from the library just read it it's really good.

He also wrote Fight Club

You left out 2 "awesomes"

Better explained here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_(novel)

But there are some spoilers (Dont read past plot overview)

Raistlin

Smash Lord
He also wrote the book "Choke" was based on, which I definitely shouldn't have watched with my mom.

-Harriet

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Go read The Stand by Stephen King, and THEN you can talk to me about awesome books.

-Raistlin

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Just poping in to say that I thank you for making a Chuck palahniuk thread that is not about fight club.
Anyway I was thinking about reading Choke a few days ago, it seems interesting.

Raistlin:
I LOVELOVE The Stand.

Finch

Smash Lord
I'm not a fan of Palahniuk. Choke is depressing and gratuitous. Fight Club is ok. I want to read more by him though.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Read Survivor

It's awesome

The ending is deceiving tho do some research when you finish

Lullaby looked good too

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Sounds like interesting light reading, although I've always seen Palahniuk as something of a pop-lit author. I knocked through Fight Club in no more than three hours.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I can't compare it to any of his other books this is the only one I've actually read. But you won't be dissapointed

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Just poping in to say that I thank you for making a Chuck palahniuk thread that is not about fight club.
Anyway I was thinking about reading Choke a few days ago, it seems interesting.

Raistlin:
I LOVELOVE The Stand.
You da man.

Top Bottom