• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Surviving the Exploding Barrel Glitch: Possible Anti-(bad)-Edgeguarding Tactic?

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Someone explain how I did this and managed not to die, and then tell me if we could reasonably reproduce it when an opponent is near the edge
Its because you hit the stage and not the ledge. I think the same thing happened to me once, the opponent grabbed the ledge, making him invulnerable to the explosion and then I bounce up a little like you did then since he stayed on the ledge I fell to my death and I'm like WTF.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
replicated countless times with teh tommy g/seibrik. it sucks i know

rvkevin

Smash Lord
also, what rkevin said, you were far enough over that you didnt bounce off the edge to your death
If the opponent went to try and edge hog, they would still be on the ledge when you're falling, Inguilt would have died too if that were the case.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
If the opponent went to try and edge hog, they would still be on the ledge when you're falling, Inguilt would have died too if that were the case.
exactly. hence why we shouldnt bother. but granted be lucky if ur opponent thinks u died and just gets off the ledge quick...hope...

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
you probably already know that you can avoid that by NOT DI'ing down?
still happens alot to me, but sometimes i kill my opponent with it :) makes me feel goodz

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
you probably already know that you can avoid that by NOT DI'ing down?
still happens alot to me, but sometimes i kill my opponent with it :) makes me feel goodz

oh great, the server problems doubled my post :S

Top Bottom