• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Survive Luigi Cruel Smash for one minute

xUnMarkedFattyx

Smash Rookie
DISCLAIMER: I am not a Luigi main, and you will still die a lot from either s/d or an unlucky event. Which will be discussed later in the guide.

Okay, so early this morning I had decided that I would try to complete a majority of the smash challenges as I had just completed all the events the prior night. Most of the challenges have not been a big deal, but then I decided I would tackle the "Luigi Cruel Smash challenge" It took me about an 1 hour to 3, I cant remember because of how mad I was at this challenge.

Anyway, I am making this guide so other people have an idea on how to tackle this terrible challenge and complete their walls.

Guide: pt1
For starters, you have to survive one minute for this challenge, one important thing the challenge does not tell you is that you need 1 kill in order for the minute to count.

Once you spawn, you will be in the center of map (my guide can be used for both sides of the map) immediately move to the left, underneath the platform being closer to the ledge then center. With luck, a Mii will fall right next to you, at this point you will have two options to play this match

Options
1. Grab Mii and throw off ledge then wait the minute out.
2. Run off ledge wait a minute and then kill Mii.

I personally used option 1 as it created less stress near the end when all I had to worry about is surviving.
I will be using option 1 for this guide but option 2 would be reverse order of this guide.

Guide: pt2

Once the Mi has been thrown off, quickly follow it into the abyss. If done quickly the Mii will try to kill you instead of getting back on the platform, but will do a terrible job resulting in its death.

Now some things can happen here.
1. the Mii jumps on your head thus surviving, and potentially killing you.
2. It jumps back on stage, which is unlikely.

GREAT, now you have a kill, the hardest part begins at this point.

Guide: pt3

Most people reading this understand Luigi is not the most mobile or slippery. So instead of staying on the platform we will be camping the edge. Yes, I know that you are not invincible after the 2nd grab and I struggled with this problem for a little bit until I realized the secret to who Luigi is fighting. BEFORE reading the secret read this first.

Ledge camping
When preforming, all you will do is grab the ledge, push the stick down causing you to fall and thus you will grab the ledge again.
IMPORTANT: in cruel smash if you do not grab the ledge perfectly the 2nd time, rising slightly above the platform, you will die. You will get lots of practice doing this as you will die a lot trying to perfect this.

The Enemy's secret

The Mii fighters are incredibly powerful in cruel smash, they can destroy you by them selves let alone an entire group. Their attacks always hit you. HOWEVER, the Miis have NO DEFENSE. This is important to note because when you grab the ledge the 2nd time you will have to make a decision.

1. Fall down a third time and grabbing the ledge.
2. Hitting the AI with a ledge attack

Option 2 may sound strange but the Mii's that get hit will not not counter attack you while hitting them, this is because you are invincible the moment you preform that attack even if you were on the ledge for a third time. Instead the Miis will always fly back to the other side of the map becoming confused and scared of you for a second. They will of course come at you again and you will repeat this process.

IT'S NOT THAT EASY!

Hopefully everyone still reading has realized, that I would not put this much detail and effort if it was that easy. The key to this strategy is to analyze where the Miis are located on the platform and respond to the situation appropriately. Their can be a wide variety of problems when attempting this trick which I will address below.

Common death scenarios

1. You knock back a few Miis but one Mii was not touched because it was out of range thus immediately killing you.

So this happens a lot, the best way to tackle this is by dropping and stalling underneath the platform the Miis should move toward the very edge while you are down below, allowing you to hit all of them in one attack.

2. You miss the ledge causing an s/d

This happen to me a couple times near the end of the minute. That moment feels awful, but you need to let it roll off your shoulders otherwise you will never win.

(Uncommon)3 . Mii , on platform, hits you while you are underneath platform when trying to grab for ledge the 2nd time.

Now this should not happen, but I had a single death caused by bad DI hitting me underneath the platform, best advice I can give is to let it go, you just got unlucky.

Alright so that is the strategy I thought up for beating this challenge, I hope it helps anyone that wants help in completing the challenge.
If you want a guide on " The final final battle" or "No mere sparring match" events on hard, please leave a message in the forum, and I be happy to help. GOOD LUCK... you will need it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I usually use the Marth/Lucina trick when dealing with cruel Smash but with Luigi, so stay at the edge fall down a bit towards the bottom of the stage then use the up special to grab the edge again, rinse and repeat until the minute is up, if there are any Mii Fighters at the edge, use the attack button to kick them away. Which is more or less similar if not the same as you described. I don't recall having to beat a Mii Fighter though but I probably did and forgot...

Last edited:
Top Bottom