• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Supporting By Bringing Content

Would You Like To See A New PM Stream?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Nah..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wouldn't watch, but it's a good idea.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

MirkyMirkMirk

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. Normally I don't do forums posts and discussions (I tend to lurk a lot) but I'm doing this to present and idea and I'd like the gauge interest.

My elevator pitch is this: I'd like to start a PM stream that I'd do to provide content for PM. After every session I'd put the recording on Youtube (with a bit of editing to keep things clean) for people to view later. I'd do it once a week due to time constraints and it would most likely be on Saturdays. It would mostly be standard sets on dolphin netplay with whoever I can find (sort of like Shofu doing For Glory sessions in Sm4sh or something) but I'd imagine it'd branch out into other PM related fun (playing stamina mode for example or local matches with friends, maybe even doubles if I can).

The idea is that with each session comes new PM content that people can look up and watch even after the stream is over. I imagine that alone would help keep the community alive and steady in some way and it is also the best way that I feel I can support the community. However I don't see this getting very far unless there's a bit of interest.

So my question to you guys is, would you be interested in seeing this happen?

If you want to know more about me before you answer, just ask. I'll answer as best I can.

fsck!

Smash Cadet
Depending on your scheduling, I'd be happy to see this, and even participate a la netplay and some sort VoIP if possible. Maybe a TeamSpeak server, so if you gain traction you have control over it?

Last edited:

MirkyMirkMirk

Smash Rookie
Depending on your scheduling, I'd be happy to see this, and even participate a la netplay and some sort VoIP if possible. Maybe a TeamSpeak server, so if you gain traction you have control over it?
I use Discord and that seems to work rather well. I've used teamspeak a good amount but I don't have my own server, so for now I'd probably stick with Discord. The idea is that I'd stream for a solid 1-2 hours (possibly noonish? I don't really know a good time yet.) and get some decent content on tape. It wouldn't have to be me playing either, I'd be OK with just pairing two players up on netplay and being the spectator. I'm an average player anyway lol.

fsck!

Smash Cadet
I use Discord and that seems to work rather well. I've used teamspeak a good amount but I don't have my own server, so for now I'd probably stick with Discord. The idea is that I'd stream for a solid 1-2 hours (possibly noonish? I don't really know a good time yet.) and get some decent content on tape. It wouldn't have to be me playing either, I'd be OK with just pairing two players up on netplay and being the spectator. I'm an average player anyway lol.
Ah. I personally have a very odd schedule because I work nights. I'm only even awake right now because I couldn't sleep this morning. lol. I guess unless I happen to be awake during the day I'll just enjoy the VODs later :3

Top Bottom